“Great soup dumplings!”

Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We arrived right at opening and had no wait. Service was prompt and they asked if we wanted soup dumplings pretty much as soon as we sat down. We ordered the crab and pork dumplings, one order of pork soup dumplings, crispy prawns in meat sauce, and a scallion pancake. The soup dumplings are excellent. You have to be very gentle removing them from the steamer so you don’t rip a hole and lose the soup. Put the dumpling in your soup spoon, bite off the top knot, slurp up the soup and then finish the dumpling! Great food! Cash only though so be prepared!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,626)

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I took my husband and had to be sure he tasted and enjoyed soup dumplings....mmmm he loved them!! Go now!! Midtown or Chinatown.

Try to go during off-hours or be prepared to wait in line.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Our family of 6 really enjoyed the soup dumplings, green beans, scallion beef and seafood noodle dish. We even ordered extra soup dumplings at the end of the meal! Great experience having the soup dumplings - a lovely staff member offered help on eating it the best way and it was great to have the tip. Cash only, so be sure to come prepared!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

When we walked in way after lunch thought it would be quiet, to our surprise it was busy if fact we had to share a table with other people.
The food was really good, you have to have the soup dumplings the specialty.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

CASH ONLY. CASH ONLY.
That was the #1 reason I did NOT want to come here, because we were running out of cash. However, the place we wanted to go to had a private function so we ended up here, the biggest tourist trap in Chinatown but we were tourists so there ya go.

NO RESERVATIONS.
Yet another reason I didn't not want to come here. I don't like waiting for tables, especially on vacation in 30 degree weather outside (because yes you have to wait outside for a table). I rather go to McDonalds than have to wait 30-45 minutes to be seated.

THEY PACK IT IN.
There are no empty seats available in the entire restaurant. They will pack you in like sardines, and everyone has coats and stuff when we visited in March, so there is NO ROOM to walk and you are butt to butt with everyone around you.

SERVICE.
This is universal Chinese service wherever you go I suppose. You really gotta speak up if you want something because they can't read your mind. Ever.

FOOD.
Excellent. My son who never eats Chinese food said it is now his favorite cuisine (!!) after eating here. He enjoyed the crispy pan fried noodles and the fried fish with dry seaweed dish. Pretty much ruined it for all the Chinese places back at home. I don't usually like Chinese food and it's never my first or second (or third) choice but I really enjoyed ALL of our dishes here. I went back to a place in Hawaii that I thought had this type of Chinese food and it was terrible.

It's CASH ONLY and for our party of 5, that was a lot of cash that I didn't anticipate needing for on our trip. Other than that, if you're a tourist like us, worth a stop into Chinatown. If not, I would never have seen Canal Street and Little Italy on our trip. That in itself was an experience we won't forget lol.