“5 Napkins Burger .... PERFECTION!”
Review of 5 Napkin Burger

5 Napkin Burger
Reserve with OpenTable
5 Napkin Burger is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #297 of 14,820 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: What would happen if we took the burger we loved and built a restaurant around it? Usually, it’s done the other way around: come up with an idea, create the menu, build the restaurant. Well, not this time! We had the burger – the original 5 Napkin Burger – 10oz of 100% all natural Angus chuck from Aspen Ridge, griddled to desired temperature, topped with gruyere cheese, caramelized onions and rosemary aioli on a soft potato roll. This is the burger, Chef Andy’s burger. Then, and now, it remains our guide. We strive to elevate the burger experience to its top shelf – because you & your burger deserve better. While other “burger joints” serve their burgers in wax paper, or in a cardboard box, 5 Napkin Burger holds itself to a higher standard. Burgers this great deserve to be served stacked high on a real plate, at a table with a proper setting, & with a great glass of wine or a craft beer. A 5 Napkin Burger could never be eaten standing up. Knife & fork is optional – 5 Napkins required.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The best burger I’ve had. Period. Cooked perfectly (they ask how you like it etc when you order).
The wife had a vegetable burger and she loved that too.
Good portion sizes. Recommended.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,628)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

All great. We ordered the five Napkin Burger fries and onion rings. All delicious. Great view of ninth avenue.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We had a table reserved for 11 people and for 8:00 PM on March 31st and arrived at 7:45 PM. We only got our table at 8:30 PM and we felt we were too many and specially because we had kids with us. The food was acceptable and the service at the table ok. In the end, the welcome was awful and ruined our evening unfortunately.

2  Thank Olivier G
Reviewed 1 April 2018

So, I saw a million reviews for other restaurants that said they had the best burger in NY. I can't imagine one better than this one. I'm a proud burger snob. And find that most restaurants can grill a good burger but they don't season them well. This burger was FABULOUS!! I kept it simple & had the bacon cheese burger. My daughter had the same with a s'mores shake. I had the sweetened cranberry tea. Ok...ok...I had 2 teas. We can't stop talking about how great these burgers were. Can't wait to return to NY. We'll head straight back to Hell's Kitchen for another burger.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

The wait was a little long, but worth it.
Good basic food: hamburgers are good and the variety is satisfying all. The service was quick and good.
I will definitely come back.