“Friendly service and GOOD reading light!”
Review of Patsy's Pizzeria

Patsy's Pizzeria
Ranked #1,279 of 14,901 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: USD 15 - USD 20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 6 April 2018

When I dine alone, I always bring a book or magazine to read. But so many restaurants keep the lights to dim that you have to read by flashlight! The food here is good AND I can have a nice dinner and read.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

OK prices, good service, good eats. Our party had appetizers, pizza and pasta. Would go back. Right around the corner from the Hampton Inn.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We love Italian food and had high expectations of Patsys having read the reviews. It was a cold snowy day in March, early evening, and we felt like some comfort food, we both ordered Lasagne. It was dreadful, stodgy pasta held together with very little flavourless meat and canned tomatoes spooned over the top. My husband did eat his as he was so hungry, I ate very little. We were honest with the waitress and told her it was the worst Lasagne we had ever been served. She apologised, told us we should have complained earlier then offered us a complementary dessert, but only one to share not one each! The tiramisu was actually pretty good. It was our worst dining experience in a long time.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

I had the pizza. Look - the crust was crunchy and thin and also slightly chewy so all around lovely BUT it was ridiculously expensive for what it was. The price point on the menu items was my biggest draw back. Had the caprese salad and the tomatoes were big tasteless grainy tomatoes- and for $13 I expect some lovely fricken tomatoes.

It hit the spot - but I'll be looking for something better quality at this price point.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

The food, overall, was good, but the service was lacking so I cannot recommend the restaurant, especially if you're eating solo. I found myself in NYC due to weather cancellation of my flight, so I looked online, found this restaurant was convenient to where I was staying and decided to give it a try.

When I arrived the hostess looked at me and when I said dinner for one, she said I should sit at the bar - I'm not interested in sitting at the bar, so I let her know I prefer a table, so she sighed, looked around and seated me in a corner with very little room to be comfortable.

The server took a full 10 minutes to even acknowledge I was waiting, took my order and that was the last I saw of her until I asked for my check.

My meal was brought to me by someone else, then no one bothered to ask how my meal was, nor did they ask if I wanted anything else, but they did quickly clear my table when I was obvious I was finished eating....and even then it took my server another 10 or so minutes to appear after my table had already been cleared and so I asked for the check rather than having coffee and dessert.