“Great food but management needs to learn customer service”
Review of Turkish Kitchen

Turkish Kitchen
Ranked #784 of 14,805 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: USD 15 - USD 40
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Manhattan
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The food here is delicious and the atmosphere a little formal but comfortable and somewhat cozy. However, this restaurant needs to learn that the customers are the reason they are there! I ordered the $26 filet mignon skewer for $26. 3 pieces of beef and some mushrooms/peppers - delicious but certainly not a huge portion. The meal comes with vegetables and rice. I requested to swap the veg and rice for a green salad and was told no but I could have a list of other things ... fries, potatoes etc. I was told I could buy a salad - $13!!!! I offered to pay an up-charge (i.e. some restaurants may charge an extra $1 or so but most do it for free) but was told no. I asked to speak to the manager who again said the same thing. I asked why they don't accommodate the clients and was told it is company policy. He was not very friendly. Turkish Kitchen needs to learn that the customer is why they are there. Anyway, too bad as based on principle I will not be back ... too many rules!!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We were referred to the Turkish Kitchen by a professional colleague. We arrived and were seated immediately. The staff were eating during this time upstairs as we saw them excuse them selves and heard them upstairs. Also some staff were eating around us. We asked for two Pepsi's. They were delivered in small wine glasses. When asked for Pepsi's in 'beverage' glasses, they were delivered in water glasses. Our food was delivered in relatively ample time, although we were the only people in the restaurant, so even a wait time was questionable....
My spouse ordered the dinner special. Which meant he was given a choice of an appetizer and an entree. Our meals were delivered and the food was fine. However, the waitress never asked about what dessert, that was included with his meal he wanted. In fact, he was never asked. He had to ask the waitress for his included dessert, other wise he would never have received the dessert at all!
Getting to the Pepsi's, when our bill arrived the Pepsi's cost $18.00!!!!! Thats like purchasing two glasses of wine! Make sure you ask the prices before you order, if not indicated.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Four of us had an early dinner there on a Sunday, and people were waiting for tables when we were leaving. I had never been to the Turkish Kitchen before, so this was a new experience for me. The restaurant's decor is very cheerful, with artwork on the walls. We each had something different. All of us were pleased with the service, the taste, and the presentation. My selection was a chicken and shrimp dish. Very good. One person ordered soup only and reported that the soup was excellent. I didn't pay much attention to what the other people ordered.
One of us had baklava for dessert, and it was sweet and delicious. He shared.
Service was very good, as was the presentation of the food, with one exception. One of us thought the coffee not hot enough. The waitress was busy, so I signaled the maître d who, instead of heating the coffee, argued that when one puts milk into coffee it becomes cool. (A very perceptive guy, I'm sure.) He did, however, take the coffee and return with it heated.
Aside: We ordered cappuccino, but the waitress apparently didn't know what that was. We explained that it was a drink made from coffee. She indicated that she understood and then returned with coffee. (She was not a native American, so this might be excused, but she could have checked with a member of the staff.) The coffee was not Turkish coffee. We should have been told.
Another thing. Important. Early (about 5:30) on a Sunday, I was able to find parking on the street about 1/2 block from the restaurant.
I recommend the restaurant and will certainly return.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Went here for lunch, and for the price to quality ratio, this place was a steal in NYC. Our two course lunch, which was huge and very good & interesting in terms of food, was around $15 a person (at a sit down restaurant).

Reviewed 25 February 2018

First time visit. Will not be the last! Nice atmosphere, good food, and our waitress was the best! Started with a wonderful salad, then out came the bread, delicious. I had filet mignon, tender chunks were grilled to perfection. My daughter had a shrimp/tomato/cheese casserole....so good.

We were so full we couldn't do dessert, but had an amazing fruit platter. This is a great restaurant tucked away in Kips Bay. Can't wait to go back and try more dishes!