“Great Sunday night meal”
Review of HENRY's

HENRY's
Reserve with OpenTable
HENRY's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,799 of 14,901 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: USD 30 - USD 50
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: 105th Street (NW Corner)
Transit: The West Side IRT (#'s 1 & 9 trains) stop at 103rd and 110th Streets. HENRY's is a three minute walk from the 103rd Street stop and a five minute walk from the 110th Street stop. The M104, the M116 and the famous LaGuardia Airport bus, the M60 stop at 106th and Broadway putting you right on our block.
Description: HENRY's is a Modern American Bistro located on Manhattan's Upper West Side. We are a large and exciting restaurant and bar with Broadway's largest sidewalk cafe. Our Dining Room and Bar are designed after Arts & Crafts masterpiece, the Gamble House, with stunning mahogany wainscoting and French doors looking out over the busiest street in the world. The walls are filled with bright, food-themed poster art from the Herman Miller Company's "Summer Picnic" series. HENRY's is the restaurant that one of New York City's greatest neighborhoods deserves. We serve an extensive menu of contemporary American bistro food for Lunch, Brunch, Dinner and Late Kitchen. Our burgers are some of the best in town. Our bar offers an All-American wine program based on the discovery of delicious wines at great prices, exciting cocktails, bottled beer on ice and fresh craft beers poured from the cleanest beer lines in town! Please join us!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

It was a busy night for some unknown reason but we still had great service. I had the kale salad which was great - I am a big salad fan and a kale fan, this hit the mark. I followed that with the salmon which was wonderful. Lovely cozy interior. Look forward to trying more of the extensive menu which has a lot of unusual choices.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

I went to Henry's very often over many years because it was convenient, easy and good. Recently, though, the attitude there has drastically changed -- from being welcoming and relaxed to (1) not being allowed to sit at the reserved table until all parties have arrived for a 6:00pm (!!) reservation and (2) being asked to leave after 80 minutes because the table was needed. Really??? This used to be a welcoming local restaurant; sadly seems they've suddenly grown too big for their imaginary britches. DO NOT PATRONIZE unless you enjoy being humiliated.

2  Thank Leara K
HenryofHENRYs, Owner at HENRY's, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear Ms Kuffer,

You have been a guest of mine for some time now. I am deeply upset that you have chosen to review HENRY's on TripAdvisor so poorly after your recent visit. I disagree with your characterization of our friendly neighborhood bistro. After reaching out you with a phone call this morning, you hung up on me and were unwilling to engage my sincere efforts to hear your feedback and address your concerns. Who is acting "rude" now?

Our "attitude" has not "drastically changed" and we are still "welcoming and relaxed" as we have been on your previous visits. Further, we have not "suddenly grown too big for [our} britches", but, rather we are continuing to operate a busy restaurant to the highest standards in our community.

Your Friday reservation for 2 at 6:00p was honored. We opened your guest check at 5:44p while waiting for your guest to arrive, and took your entree order at 6:22p. Your payment was processed at 7:28p and you were thanked by the General Manager and the owner (me) at 7:50p.

When our General Manager approached your table to enquire if we could continue your service in the bar area as we had a large party (from Columbia University's English Department celebrating the retirement of a very popular professor) booked for 8:00p at the same table at which you were seated, you were thankful and considerate in your reply.

Your meal service was prompt, timely, fresh and considerate. You dined at a busy NYC restaurant on a Friday night for two hours. I consider our service to you to have been professional and courteous (as apparently did you and your guest who both tipped 16%).

I respectfully request that you delete or modify your on line review as Trip Advisor is a platform that we value and your review is neither accurate nor kind.

Henry Rinehart
HENRY's

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This was our second trip and it exceeded the first one. My 99 yr young father’s name is Henry so he had no problem remembering the spot. We were greeted warmly by the staff like we were true regulars. The food was made to order and the service delightful! We’ll be back.

1  Thank MookieGogo

MookieGoGo!

Thank you for your lovely review and for bringing your father, Henry. Please tell him Henry says hello!

We recently hosted the 99th birthday of one of our regulars and, when I visited their table, her family enthusiastically said, "Let's have a big party at HENRY's for your 100th birthday." My 99-year old regular said, "NO! Let's have lots of little parties at HENRY's!" Life lessons.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

I like this restaurant because the food is great and it´s not noisy. Additionally, there is a lot of space between tables. It´s a good spot to go with friends, chatting, and spend quiet time. The average of age is high.

1  Thank RaquelitaNYC
HenryofHENRYs, Owner at HENRY's, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Thanks for your lovely review RaquelitaNYC.

I look forward to hosting you again at HENRY's soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Good bar food with a nice selection of local craft beers. Burger was very well done and good bang for the buck.

Thanks Nathan!

I look forward to hosting you again soon.

Cheers,