“Excellent breakfast spot!”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Harlem
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I eat Amy Ruth’s when i am in the city! This time i had breakfast which I had never eaten there before. Had an omelette and grits (hard to find in NYC!). Service and food were great!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The wait wasn't too bad even tho there was plenty of available seating inside. I had just missed Sunday breakfast so i had a brunch meal instead: salmon croquettes with black eyed peas and baked macaroni and cheese(never order the mac not good at all)... my man had chicken and waffles... homemade waffle batter was amazing! I would like to try more menu items.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

There was so many different types of waffle combos on the menu, it was hard to choose. I got a waffle with banana and walnuts. I can’t remember what it was called though, since the menu items are named after people. I arrived and it wasn’t too crowded, but as I sat there waiting for my date, I noticed it quickly filling up, which then led to a longer wait time when he arrived and we were ready to order, so you may need to have some patience if you see it’s crowded. The waiters were pleasant though. This is the type of place you come when you’re actually hungry, not for a light snack. I couldn’t finish my waffle, but at least you can get a to-go box. As far as the vibe, it’s pretty laid-back, so dress casual-comfy. It’s fairly famous, so there’s plenty of tourists eating here as well. Just on a side note, they cater so there appears to be two entrances, but one looks like it’s a closed store front (the catering side). If you see that one, the actual restaurant entrance is on the left. Inside is painted with murals famous African Americans, and there’s two seating areas to choose from, though I sat in front by the window, so I’m not sure what the other looks like, though I’m sure it’s much larger. I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

We didn't have to wait and got a table immediately. Staff were helpful, and waffles were great! We liked the paintings on the wall.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

not a good restaurant you can taste sugar in everything you eat, tables and chairs are not really clean