“Waffles galore”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Harlem
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

There was so many different types of waffle combos on the menu, it was hard to choose. I got a waffle with banana and walnuts. I can’t remember what it was called though, since the menu items are named after people. I arrived and it wasn’t too crowded, but as I sat there waiting for my date, I noticed it quickly filling up, which then led to a longer wait time when he arrived and we were ready to order, so you may need to have some patience if you see it’s crowded. The waiters were pleasant though. This is the type of place you come when you’re actually hungry, not for a light snack. I couldn’t finish my waffle, but at least you can get a to-go box. As far as the vibe, it’s pretty laid-back, so dress casual-comfy. It’s fairly famous, so there’s plenty of tourists eating here as well. Just on a side note, they cater so there appears to be two entrances, but one looks like it’s a closed store front (the catering side). If you see that one, the actual restaurant entrance is on the left. Inside is painted with murals famous African Americans, and there’s two seating areas to choose from, though I sat in front by the window, so I’m not sure what the other looks like, though I’m sure it’s much larger. I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

We didn't have to wait and got a table immediately. Staff were helpful, and waffles were great! We liked the paintings on the wall.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

not a good restaurant you can taste sugar in everything you eat, tables and chairs are not really clean

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Went with my work buddies Evening. It was freezing night but many people waited outside to eat. But we waited only 10min.
And I ordered “Tommy Tomita” that is waffle and wing. Wing was perfect texture and crunchy. Meat was juicy enough.
I will try other dishes when I come back.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is tucked right behind the old Harlem World building which is now a discount clothing chain. My husband and I at early risers so..we caught the 3 train from Time square around 8am and was there around 8:15. The train lets you off right on the corner, walk across the street and you're there. When we arrived they were slightly busy but we got a table right away. We both ordered chicken and waffles. The waffle was soooo good! The chicken could've used a lil more seasoning. The service was typical NY service.. People were kind, but no small talk, you order, they bring your food, you pay, everyone goes on about life. I would go back again if nothing else for another waffle!!