“Weekend excursion!”

Cuisines: Deli
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: Since 1964 Sarge's Delicatessen & Diner is the “Real Deal New York Meal”!. We have been serving great Jewish style and American homemade dishes…from Matzo Ball Soup, Behemoth Corned Beef & Pastrami Sandwiches, Homemade Entrées and more. Anytime Day or Night you can enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner or a light snack. Dine-In Take-Out or Delivered we are open 24/7. Using the freshest ingredients including Lots of Sarge’s Love in all of our foods we welcome you to experience our New York City Iconic Delicatessen & Diner.
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

I was in town on an Incentive Trip with some colleagues. Sought to experience an authentic NY Deli. Sarge's exceeded our expectations! They bring kosher dill pickles with homemade coleslaw as a free appetizer- so fresh and delicious. Then I ordered the stuff cabbage- it was something from my late Mother's kitchen..slow cooked with chopped beef/corn beef inside and smothered with stewed tomatoes. OMG! I had the half Pastrami with French Onion soup and couldn't eat it all. Both were the best ever! This place is down home NY goodness!

Reviewed 21 November 2017

My wife and I were in NYC this past weekend and had the good fortune to eat not once, but twice at Sarge's Deli. The first day, I had a lox, onion and tomato omelet which was both delicious and huge! My wife had matzo ball soup. We enjoyed it so much we went back the next day to have cheese blintzes and split a bagel and lox platter. The food is excellent, the portions large (only the very brave should attempt The Monster!) and the staff, particularly Helena, were very open and friendly. They even have half sour pickles - not something easily found anymore. We enjoyed it so much we plan on taking advantage of their delivery service in the future. A great place is a quieter section of Manhattan. We will be back!!

2  Thank mdfl87
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Genuine NY deli.....three people can have a huge dinner for $80
The brisket is great and the menu is enormous.
Very unpretentious on 3rd Ave near 38th....

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

We went to have dinner at Sarge's Deli mainly because it was walking distance from our hotel. Entering the place you feel that it's all run down. My husband ordered the matzo ball soup and it was good, the potato latke ok. I ordered the mushroom barely soup, very dissapointing, and the stuffed derma was very dry. Not coming back!

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

We landed here for our last meal of a long weekend in NYC before heading home and we were glad we did. Extensive menu of classic delicatessen favorites from matzah ball soup to fried eggs over hash. I️ ate the triple decker with salmon and herring - outrageously good!!!After a short wait, we were seated, service was pleasant and prompt, triple decker sandwiches were huge and awesome, complimentary pickles and Cole slaw. Prices weren’t cheap for sandwiches, but both the portion size and the quality were there. There is a deli counter up front where locals were stocking up for the week with bagels, salmon and herring. You can’t miss if you are hungry for some NYC classics. Open 24 hours a day.

1  Thank NHJimmy