All reviews chinese supermarket lower east side brooklyn bridge f line located in china town new york microwave and fridge waffle maker breakfast area late at night minute walk free breakfast bagels breakfast staff financial district rooms were very clean front desk staff
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed for two nights very convenient public transport uptown. Nice room good air conditioner (v hot in NY) staff v helpful and pleasant.
Breakfast was included which was a bonus and although there is no in house catering ordering food was easy and cheap through their room service system.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Vincent M
Chris Q, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Downtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us! I am happy to hear that you made the right choice, and this location met your expectations, when venturing out.
It pleases us to know that you found our rooms nice and temperature was comfortable At this property we do try as much as we can to make our guest feel at ease. I am glad our staff was helpful and pleasant, and breakfast was a great option for you.
Thank you again for your positive feedback, and we sincerely, look forward to being given an opportunity to be your hotel of choice again in the future once again.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

I booked this hotel for my trip to NY much in advance with my wife for our 5th wedding anniversary. Few days before our arrival I logged in to the Marriott rewards website and noticed that my reservation has been cancelled WITHOUT ANY NOTIFICATION!
I spent 2 hours on phone first with a phone representative and then with a manager. It turned out that my reservation has been cancelled because the hotel is closed until February. No one even informed me about it. The phone representative told that the hotel tried to notify me by fax... I took a big breath and continued our conversation. He decided to look for another hotel for me but I made a booking in advance for purpose so I will pay less and have a breakfast. Every option he gave me was more expensive and he took prices from Marriott website. I asked to transfer my call to a manager. Again she confirmed that the hotel is closed, but this time she admitted that no one even tried to call me. She tried to find me other options in Manhattan but all of them were at least 50% more expensive. Why do I have to pay more when we agreed on a different price? It is not my fault that the hotel is closed. In fact, it can be still booked on booking.com and Marriott which is a joke. I told the manager that no one robbed me like this before and I want to have her first and last name because I won`t leave this case like this. She hung up and I am without a hotel few days before my trip to NY. Thank you Marriott - I am never using your hotels again. I am cancelling my future reservations too which I already have on your website and booking. And I will make sure that a lot of people will hear about my case. Thank you for making my trip a nightmare even before leaving my home.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrzej S
Chris Q, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Downtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Please accept our sincere apologies that a room was not available upon your arrival. This does not happen often. Unfortunately on the days prior to your arrival we encountered an issue and renovations that was beyond our control. Our staff worked diligently throughout the days to rectify the issue so that all of our guests could be accommodated eventually. I can only imagine that was not the best start to your wedding anniversary trip.
Thank you again for your feedback, hopefully you would give us another chance on a future visit to New York.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

This was our first hotel upon arrival in the US. It is quite well located - 1 block away from the subway. The rooms are good (not as spacious as the other hotels we went to in the US) and clean. Breakfast was, however, a bit of a disappointment: tasteless fruit, scrambled eggs that did not appear to be made of eggs, e.a.. You eat all of this on styrofoam plates with plastic cutlery. Not exactly the most environment-friendly. So the following days we took our breakfasts outside...
But let this not scare you, we recommend this hotel for your discoveries of the most interesting city of the world, NY.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Chris Q, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Downtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Downtown East. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay for the most part. The location of this hotel is great for the access to the train ,and close to all lower Manhattan attractions. I am sorry to hear that the breakfast was not up to your standards. At this property we try our best to make the whole experience at this hotel perfect.
Hopefully you will give us another chance in the near future to make it up to you.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

We have stayed here a number of times to visit family in Chinatown. It’s in a great location, close to Manhattan Bridge, Chinatown, World Trade and more. Rooms are clean and breakfast included. Price is reasonable too.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Sean J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Downtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield inn and suites Manhattan Downtown for you recent stay. We appreciate your positive feedback about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, and it was close to all the attractions you wanted to visit. We try our best to up keep the cleanliness of this property, and I am glad that you noticed our hard work.
Thank you again , and we look forward to welcoming you again to your personal Hidden gem.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

Visited with my two 20ish sons and have usually stayed closer to Macy's area, but decided it was time to branch out and try a new neighbourhood. What stood out to us was how consistently friendly and helpful the staff were. We have been treated fairly poorly in some other NYC locations, but everyone at this hotel made you feel welcome and were willing to help out in any way. Teah checked us in and out and was great!

Loved the location - a few blocks to the water, instantly in Chinatown, close to Little Italy, and great restaurants just northeast on Orchard. Subway a block or so away.

Room was clean and spacious enough for our short visit. Fridge, microwave, and good AC. Lots of storage. Breakfast was generous and we never had an issue, but made sure we were there fairly early. Internet was always good. Computers with printer in lobby worked well for tickets and boarding passes.

Walked out alone for morning photo walks in the neighbourhood and always felt safe.

The subway passes by very close to the hotel, but we never heard it when we were in our room. Rooms faced Pike. Could see Empire State building if you poked your head out the window to look north.

Would not hesitate to recommend and would return.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Sean J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Downtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Downtown East. We pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels,and I am pleased to hear that the staff including Teah was very friendly and helpful throughout your stay.

I am also happy to hear that the room cleanness and breakfast was up to your standards.This location has a lot to offer with being close to the water and near by attractions within walking distance.

Thank you again for your review we would love ccommodate your family again whenever your travels bring you back to New York.