“Don't expect great cuisine”
Review of Antique Cafe - CLOSED

Cuisines: Diner
Neighbourhood: Manhattan
Neighbourhood: Manhattan
Reviewed 30 April 2011

I recently went with friends to the antique Cafe at 55 west 26 St. in NYC. To sum up our dinner, it was very disappointing. We went there with great expectations, none of which were met. They didn't even come close.

I had purchased a deal on Tipper ... perhaps I need to be more vigilant of their other deals as well.

The food needed to be sent back as it was brought to the table cold. The Salmon was dry and my pasta was well over cooked to the point of being gummy. Our carafe of wine just passed for being wine at all ... I would call it a poor excuse for wine. There is no ambiance to be found in this place. Where they came up with the name, Antique Cafe has me still wondering. The evening that we were there, they had only one wait staff on hand and getting his attention took some work as he flew by our table. It actually took several requests just to get table settings. At least the waiter was apologetic. The only good thing about this place is that their prices are reasonable.

4  Thank YodaNyc