“Hole in the wall diners are the best”
Review of B&H Dairy

B&H Dairy
Ranked #2,767 of 14,396 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: USD 20 - USD 30
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: East Village
Reviewed 10 July 2016

Went to B&H after seeing a show across the street on a recommendation from a friend. Amazing. The warm borscht was the best soup I've had in a long time. Huge chunks of cabbage and potatoes in a warm beet broth, super flavorful. Also had pierogies and potato pancakes which were good, but the star was the borscht.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

Well, it is a very small "hole in the wall", but the atmosphere in this tiny place was hysterical, party due to the waiter we had. Like an old episode of SNL. "Cheeseburger, cheeseburger....etc" He was a riot. Although it is a Kosher, Vegetarian deli, it was run by Latinos who wore t-shirts that read: "Challah, por favor". The egg creams were THE best in NYC in our opinion. We would definitely go back as everything on the menu looked amazing!

1  Thank shoshanab49
Reviewed 29 December 2015

I can't express how much I love B+H, it is one of my favorite places in all of NYC. The staff is ADORABLE, the food is AFFORDABLE, and it is COZY. There are very few places left like this in New York, it is a precious jewel. It is the place I most like to eat. I have been going there for half my life and I continue to go for the rest of it!

Reviewed 22 November 2015

When my extended family went out to eat we had to please those who kept Kosher, those who were vegetarians, people with big appetites, and those who just wanted a great meal. My father was good at finding Kosher milk delis that fit the bill. This one surely does and provides nostalgia of the highest order for anyone who had this experience growing up. My husband had a salad with lox and matzoh ball soup. I had the cheese blintzes and mushroom barley soup. Everything was delicious and more than we could finish. The bread and butter was surprisingly yummy, too. Service is warm and hospitable. A real treat!

Reviewed 21 November 2015

Out of business for several months following the explosion & fire at Second Ave. & 7th Street, this plucky little spot managed to reopen with same staff. The whole neighborhood is thankful!

2  Thank DinkyCR