“A NYC institution.. you must go!”
Review of Katz's Deli

Katz's Deli
Get food delivered
Ranked #469 of 13,394 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Cuisines: American, Deli
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown Manhattan (Downtown)
Reviewed 26 October 2019 via mobile

Katz's Deli is an incredible place and I'm so glad I made the trip on a recent visit to NYC.

For those who haven't been before, ordering might not be so conventional, so here is a bit of a rundown.

I recommend going early. We went around 11:00AM on a week day and we didn't have to queue and there were plenty of tables available.

When you enter, all guests will be given a ticket. Do not lose this! This is how they mark down what you have ordered for your bill.

You will then progress to a numbered counter to order your meal. We ordered one pastrami on rye, which was enough for two people.

If you want drinks or sides, you will then move over to another counter. Then you can sit down and enjoy your delicious meal.

I can't explain how beautiful the pastrami is there. It so so juicy and flavoursome.

Once you finish, you bring your tickets and pay at the back (credit card) or front (cash).

Make sure you check out all the photos on the wall!

My only regret is not going to Katz's more than once during my trip. It was amazing!! A must do in New York City.

3  Thank Kbot5000
Write a reviewReviews (17,367)

Reviewed 26 October 2019 via mobile

Great food, Each portion is enough for two meals. Katz deli is it in historic New York eatery that should not be missed by visitors to New York City.

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank Allen D

Defiantly a must whilst in New York,
Traditional pastrami also the turkey absolutely gorgeous ,
Recommend ,

1  Thank karenm91
Reviewed 25 October 2019

After a dance performance at Dixon Place, on Chrystie Street, we walked over to Katz's for a late dinner. The joint was jumping at 9:30 pm, Hot pastrami, Cole slaw and matzoh ball soup were our choices, Nothing disappointed. I found a $10 bill on the floor, which no one claimed, so the counter man got an extra big tip.

1  Thank Jo B
Reviewed 25 October 2019

It’s an iconic place and a must try. However, honestly, the food was not that great. I had half of a pastrami sandwich and a matzo soup along with their house ale. Pastrami was very fatty and plain. For 20 dollar combo, I expected more. The place was busy and had a great atmosphere, however. Am I glad I went - yes, will I go again - unlikely.

1  Thank Y7672VEalexanderb