“Elegant Lebanese”
Review of Al Bustan

Al Bustan
Reserve with OpenTable
Al Bustan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9,617 of 14,216 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: USD 31 - USD 35
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 1st and 2nd Avenues
Transit: E & V trains to 53rd Street.
Reviewed 24 November 2016

Al Bustan is a large, elegant restaurant.
It has an extensive menu of Lebanese specialties - all very good.
The service is attentive.
Surprisingly it was not very busy - at least on a week night.
My only complaint - no regular coffee.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

Nice atmosphere and excellent food and service. Very authentic food Grape Leaves, Kibbee and humus just to mention a few items. Good Lebanese wine reasonable prices..

Reviewed 3 October 2016

COCKROACHES UNDER OUR TABLE. Yes, you read that right- and yes, it was plural.

We started the night with high hopes, as we saw this restaurant on Michelin's Bib Gourmand list. Unfortunately, our hopes were the only high point of this experience.

We made reservations for 8:15, and showed up within the minute. Not only were we not greeted, but we were ignored for over five minutes. During this time, we witnessed children (I'm assuming of the owner) running around the restaurant screaming, touching all of the silverware.

Eventually we were seated. Food was decent. The waiter never refilled our water during the entire dinner- after waiting for 10 minutes after we ran out of beverage, we eventually had to go to the waiter's station and take a pitcher of water for ourselves. Meanwhile, a table of drunk women were relentlessly accosting other guests to buy their makeup products. All of that could have been overlooked, until...

Cockroaches. One of the screaming kids (who never stopped screaming) ran by our table, pointed, and yelled "Spider!" It was a small cockroach about 1 inch long, and all the waiters started stating, "Oh! A spider!" as they rushed to stomp it. We gave them the benefit of the doubt, bugs happen. And then, the mother of all cockroaches, roughly the length of my pinky finger (not including the antennae) crawls underneath our table. As we bolt up from the table two waiters come over and quickly stomp it. No one offers to compensate our bill, no one apologizes.

Shame on you, Al Bustan. Your lack of costumers is a clear consequence of your lack of integrity as a restaurant.

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

Found this gem last week in NYC. They had some very authentic food including several choices of Kibbeh. We chose (see pics) the Kibbeh Nayyeh which was lamb here (most places I go it's beef). It was fresh and served with plenty of onion and mint. Quite refreshing and just melted in my mouth. I had the quail for my main course and it was the perfect blend of grilled but finished off with their apricot sauté.

Will make this my go to whenever I'm in NYC!

Reviewed 12 August 2016

Tried this restaurant for a taste of Mid East or specifically Lebanese food. They offered a "quick lunch" which suited by time parameter. Very nice. Too much food! Liked the appetizer varieties0 a green salad, babaganouche, humus and some other red item, plus fallafal.Tasty. Meal itself, a skewered beef with veggies and rice, was more than I could handle. Dessert was three little items, the best a custard with rose water flavor. Added an espresso. Fine. Excuse spelling errors- spellcheck not functional.