“Went into Black Sushi storefront (8th Ave, W45/46 St) and ended up in Kodama Sushi restaurant in the rear!”
Review of Kodama Sushi

Kodama Sushi
Ranked #647 of 14,811 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: USD 0 - USD 30
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch ... entered the Black Sushi storefront on 8th Ave, bt W45/46 St because we saw interesting dumpling and sushi menu and the staff there immediately told us to go to the rear ... which is the Kodama Sushi restaurant - a totally different restaurant (maybe same owner). We realized it’s not the same place when we spoke with the waiter and looked at the menu but we decided to try the restaurant (Kodama) anyways. Ordered “Black Bibimbap”, “pork dumpling” and “spicy calamari”. Bibimbap was good but definitely not enough ‘black’ rice. Pork dumpling was very typical and on the drier side. The calamari was not spicy and had many tiny pieces - not exactly ideal. The staff was very nice and friendly. If you look at the picture, you will see the “Kodama” restaurant sign in small prints! Just did not like the fact that you enter one place (Black Sushi) and ended up in another place (Kodama)!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

My wife and I went to kodama four times. There you will find a very good japanese; their price is fair and attendance is ok.
They stay open after 10 pm.
No luxury, but very good food.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Its nice place to visit in NY I love the idea that there is a food to take away or eat from refrigerator and there is a restaurant in the back you feel like you are in a different place from the outside world but some of the waiters wasn’t friendly.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Just been here last night with my husband, the sashimi was delicious, rice bowl is normal,shiumai and yakitori is not nice. But most of all the service was friendly and fast. So we give 20% tips from the bills.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had lunch before the Sunday matinee and had a wonderful relaxed meal.

I had a small plate of 3 types of shumai which was a taste sensation with wonderful dipping sauces! My husband had the tempura entree - a good variety on veggies and protein and not at all greasy!