“Delicious authentic Cuban”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Latin, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 20 April 2017

I love this place. Great for lunch. Red beans are excellent. All the entrees are terrific. Make me hungry just writing this review.

1  Thank jrpard0
There are newer reviews for Margon

Reviewed 12 April 2017

This place was both highly reviewed on TA and recommended by the staff of the hotel I was staying in, so I decided to give it a try. I walked past the tiny hole-in-the-wall twice trying to find it, and it was crowded and very warm inside. Still, the staff were smiling and cracking jokes and the service was very fast and friendly, even in the middle of the lunch rush. Took me less than 5 minutes to walk out with fresh, hot food.

I had the fried chicken chunks. They are chopped up, bone-in chicken pieces fried to perfection. I have never had them this way, but I am going back for more soon. Super good!

The mixed rice was above average and I don't care for plantains, so I will be ordering different sides next time. The chicken was more than worth the $10 price, which is a bargain for Times Square. Looking forward to taking my girl there when she gets into town later this week.

2  Thank nip255
Reviewed 30 March 2017

This is the type of great hole in the wall restaurant you hope to find. It was recommended to me by a receptionist while in town on business. Staff was helpful in making recommendations, letting you try things. Food was plentiful and yummy, and with a lunch special, VERY affordable. This isn't fancy; everything is served cafeteria style, but if you like finding good food and don't insist on fancy presentation or "ambience" (other than the hustle and bustle of an obviously popular local spot), then this place is for you.

1  Thank Jennifer H
Reviewed 27 March 2017

Very very tiny hard to find spot but food is very tasty. Fast service. Worth the trip if you are in mid-town.

1  Thank Tima J
Reviewed 3 March 2017

We stopped at Margon's for lunch since it was just around the corner from where we stayed at the Times Square Doubletree and we had heard good things about it. The lunch selection was large and the food was delicious. The roasted chicken was tender and flavorful as was the pork chop. And of course the beans and rice was great. Recommended if you are looking for a good lunch at a moderate price.

1  Thank Vinnie P