“Just simply the best ”
Review of Scalini Fedeli

Scalini Fedeli
Reserve with OpenTable
Scalini Fedeli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 14,732 Restaurants in New York City
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: Hudson
Transit: Chambers St
Description: Scalini Fedeli ranked among New York's finest restaurants since its opening in early 2004, taking Italian cuisine to new heights. Rewarded with the highest overall ratings in the Zagat Survey, Scalini Fedeli has been granted one star by the Michelin guide in it's inaugural 2006 issue. The inviting decor features vaulted ceilings and European antiques and provides the perfect setting for chef Michael Cetrulo's delightful cuisine which offers the finest ingredients coupled with a confidence and grace that ensures your meal will be a memorable one. Menu highlights include soft egg yolk raviolo with ricotta and truffle butter and New York's finest venison chop in a port wine and balsamic vinegar sauce with toasted hazelnuts, sauteed spinach and roasted Mission figs. The 350-bottle wine list encompasses all regions of Italy but also does justice to the best American wineries.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Have not been in a while and this is certainly still our favorite Italian in NYC, had great meal, the chicken liver purses with pistachio and the rib veal chop were incredible, service was very friendly for a somewhat formal place , can’t wait to come back !!!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This restaurant is a "shadow" of it's former self. The "death rattle" of the place is palpable. While the service was very good, the food was terrible. The duck leg was "mush" with sauce sloshed over it to cover the taste. The duck breast was gristle. The lamb was OK, sauce mundane. Worse of all, the experience was extremely expensive. The wine was excellent, but for the price, that was the expectation. Sorry to have to write this, but our visit was exrtemely disappointing. We wish this restaurant well, but we will not return.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We were a party of 6 with reservation which is necessary. Seated immediately. Given starters of house bruchetta. We ordered chicken, fish, pasta, rack of lamb, scallops and more. The deserts were incredible as well. The Napoleon is a must. The best service we have at a restaurant in years. I wish my photo's were better. They do not do justice to the presentation of all the dishes.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I had been cooped up in a conference room for 12 hours and was looking to escape and have a great dinner. Everyone else at the meeting opted for convenience. There were a few decent restaurants near the law office but when in New York, I always look for something special. I found out that Scalini Fedeli was open and was only about a 15 minute walk from where we were so I booked a reservation and made my way over to the restaurant. It was late on a Monday night and was almost empty which gave me pause but since Trip Advisor is right 95% of the time, I decided to stay and give it a shot. I was very glad I did. The food was fantastic, the service impeccable and the ricotta cheesecake the best I have ever eaten anywhere in the World, including Italy and Boston. I wish Scalini Fedeli was located in Chicago and not Lower Manhattan.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

The food here was terrific. The Bouche was great. The targitello pasta was some of the best. My lamb chops were good but a bit too much sweet sauce for my taste. The soufflé was amazing. The staff were receptive and helpful.