“Excellent Cuban Latin Food”
Review of Cabana

Ranked #2,510 of 14,430 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: USD 25 - USD 25
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed 16 December 2016

Really enjoyed our Cuban/Latin food here. Crowded. Lively atmosphere. Had the arroz con pollo and churrasco, which were excellent. The skirt steak was very flavorful. Sides were tasty too. Definitely worth the trip. Friendly service.

Reviewed 25 November 2016

While good reviews led us to the Cabana, we were disappointed with the uninspired meals. None of the dishes we sampled were truly unique. And they seem to have decided that abusing your senses by overdoing spices is the best path to diner's palates. Garlic seasoning was way over done on two entrees, while salt was the chosen over-spice on another. If you do go, avoid the house wines from Chile. They tasted like they came from a box - one that was opened a week ago.

1  Thank bryankatz
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

This is a great and consistent Cuban/Latin cuisine restaurant in the heart of midtown Manhattan right next to Bloomingdales on 3rd Ave. I've been going here for years and it never disappoints! Was here with a party of 5 a couple of weeks ago and the service and waiting staff were efficient, friendly and knowledgeable as always. We started with appetizers like the Aliya's Caribenas (hot jerk chicken wings) that are marinated in a thick Caribbean spice sauce, and is absolutely delicious! We also had an order of the classic beef empanadas over a picapepper sauce that are succulently soft and tender, well seasoned, cooked to perfection and stuffed with a lean ground beef. and the scrumptious, Camarones de coco which are coconut dipped shrimp that are heavenly! For entrees I had one of my favorites, the Picadillo, which is a dish of lean ground beef and potatoes, plum tomatoes, all sautéed in garlic with onions, bell pepper, olives and capers over rice with black beans on the side. Incredible flavors!! We also had the Ropa Vieja, a shredded skirt steak with tomatoes and onions which comes out sizzling hit and is absolutely juicy and tender allowing for the enjoyment of the spices and flavors that make this a restaurant favorite along with Yuca fries. A real treat! Topped off with cocktails from the bar and a banana ice cream dessert, it was another great dining experience. Gets crowded here after work and prices are moderate. Can't go wrong here for Cuban/Latin cuisine.

Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

Went for lunch with associates.
Two of us arrived first. Was told by manager we couldn't be seated because we weren't all present.
He said he would make an exception, if it wasn't that I was a frequent customer and like the food I'd never go back, I was embarrassed and apologized to my guest.

Eduardo A, District Area Supervisor at Cabana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Dear Adrian,

Our sincere apologies;
At Cabana restaurants we take very seriously comments from our loyal customers,
proper measures have been taken to make sure this doesn't happen again;
I would like to invite you back as a way to express our sincere regrets for the uncomfortable experience on your last visit.
I will be waiting for your reply, sincerely,

Eduardo A. - Area Supervisor.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

We went to Cabana and the food was good. We were a party of 5 and ordered the Churrasco, Pollo con Camarones, Parrillada, Chuletas, and Chicarrones de Pollo. I ordered the Pollo con Camarones, which was 2 pieces of chicken breast sandwiched with two tostones and 3 shrimp. Was hoping for more shrimp, but know it's not something restaurants give alot of. The Chuletas and Chicarrones were my other two favorite from what I sampled from others. Nice vibe and good food. The seating is a little tight so if we went here again, I'd try to keep our party at 4 at most. Pina Colada was good also