“Super Cool and Simply Excellent”
Review of Bubby's

Bubby's
Ranked #332 of 15,928 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: USD 15 - USD 35
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Manhattan (Downtown)
Description: Bubby's serves homemade American food. Celebrating 25 years, we've been cooking like Americans since 1990.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We walked the Highline and at the end of it we found Bubby’s. It was recommended by a friend in the UK who was here in February and it was superb. The service was outstanding and the food delicious.

Date of visit: April 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,355)

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Lines are notorious for wrapping around the block during weekend brunch, so weekday lunches or even weekend dinners are a saner bet here. As comfort food, it's pretty solid (albeit overpriced for what it is). The service was polite for the most part, although a waiter brought our entrees before we'd even had a chance to finish our appetizers (not exactly the smoothest move).

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We went to the TriBeca branch and easily booked a table online. The staff were friendly and helpful with the menu when we couldn't decide what we wanted! The food took a while to arrive but it was totally worth the wait, the pancakes were to die for, and the portion size was great, we were full for hours afterwards. The only downside was the price, it's very expensive for a breakfast. We enjoyed our visit, but during this trip we couldn't afford to eat there again!!!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I recently visited this restaurant with my sister on a Saturday around 3 pm and it was quite busy, we had to wait like 15 minutes before we could get a table. The atmosphere was great and the service was quickly and friendly! The hamburger and fries I had were great. If there is something I'd like to point out it is the fact that the toppings for the burger were quite pricey. My sister had the friend chicken and she enjoyed it. I save the best for last... the pancakes! I had 2 of them plus banana and walnuts as a topping ($13 in total). I couldn't finish everything so I had to take it away!

1  Thank carloscharmy
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Had brunch here, the atmosphere was great- a southern charm, but completely jam packed with people. I ordered a Mimosa - it had a great taste, but for $11, it could have been a bit larger.. and the blueberry pancakes, at $22 were really not worth it! I have had far better, and the price was just pure robbery. The biscuits were good, but nothing to rave about. I was just shocked by the price - almost $70 for two people for brunch. you're paying for the atmosphere and the neighborhood.

1  Thank Matanda28