“Great coconut shrimp!”

Tommy Bahama Restaurant Bar Store
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy Bahama Restaurant Bar Store is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #503 of 14,199 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 45th Avenue
Transit: 2 blocks from Grand Central Station
Description: Tommy Bahama Bar & Restaurant is conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan on Fifth Avenue at 45th Street and is the ideal location for lunch, dinner, or happy hour. This two-story flagship offers something for everyone including the hip & intimate Marlin Bar features barrel-aged rum and hand-crafted cocktails while the light and bright second floor dining room feels like an oasis in the midst of the urban jungle
Reviewed 29 November 2014

Stopped in for a quick brew and enjoyed the coconut shrimp with it. Shopping in NYC can be tiring...this was a surprise find and quite pleasant. Feeling very islander like in the middle of 30 degree weather...nice for a guy from Florida! Shrimp was freshly made...not frozen for sure. A little pricey but worth it. 12 bucks for 4 shrimp and 5 for the bottle of coor's lite.

Reviewed 24 November 2014

It can't be too much to ask to have either Bud Lite or Coors Lite available to drink with dinner, particularly in New York City where you can get anything anytime. So when our server informed me that this chain establishment doesnt stock Bud Lite and that they ran out of Coors Lite, I was surprised. A Tommy Bahama Bar and Restaurant without the bare essentials? Not everyone likes a rum drink on a Saturday nite. Sorry.
This is a nice restaurant, though. The decor is comfortable with its island theme. The menu is fine; the food is good; the staff is professional. We enjoyed our dinner for 4. The scallop appetizer is delicious, as are the fish tacos. The entrees are well prepared and tasty.
Overall a pleasant dining experience.
Ps. Amstel Lite is not a good substitute for Bud Lite or Coors Lite. The water tasted better.

Reviewed 20 November 2014

The food was good as expected. This is standard fare with an island twist, as is custom in all Tommy Bahama restaurants. The décor and staff make you feel like you are in the tropics, even when it is near freezing outside. The location is perfect and we were able to get a table on a rather busy Saturday at lunchtime with no problem.

Reviewed 16 November 2014

Stopped in for a quick lunch and stayed nearly 2 hours.
The food was spectacular but simple, great selection of wines and unmissable deserts.
Combined with prompt, personalized service from the entire staff from when we presented at reception to when we left.
A great overall experience.

Reviewed 14 November 2014

I know studies have shown that people spend more money in loud restaurants, so perhaps that is their plan. It was giving me a headache. Un/luckily we had a waitress with a booming and even annoying voice - and attitude. We tried to reframe it as "entertainment from a NY character." We had just been seated when she first came over, so we asked for a few minutes to look at the menu. When she returned, she said, "Okay, I have to know what you want to order now - including the food and a I mean NOW!" It was like the grouchy mistress of a boarding school. Her rude, loud attitude never ended. She was always spilling things like water when pouring it, wine when pouring it. She was never around when we actually needed her, though. The food was okay - I suppose some people are fans. The butter had a refrigerator taste - one of my pet peeves, so it ruined the other wise delicious bread. The onion rings on my appetizer were served cold (were supposed to be hot). It was interesting to note other people delivered the food, so I wondered if she was too busy and it was sitting around for awhile. The scallops though were good. Most of the veggies were just loaded with garlic for their only flavor. The mashed potatoes tasted like they were or had instant potatoes in them. The filet for $40 was just okay. I think I'll look for a less aggressive restaurant next visit.