“Great Southern Food & Bourbon”
Review of Maysville

Maysville
Reserve with OpenTable
Maysville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #633 of 14,811 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: NoMad
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Had dinner here recently with a group of colleagues and enjoyed sharing a number of starters and the gumbo. Also the desserts are memorably delicious. You can't go wrong with the food; everything is fabulous. Standouts include the shrimp toast, the gumbo and the fried apple pie.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Yeah, I don’t get it either. That seems ridiculous to me.

Setting that aside, the place is pretty cool and they do have a lot of other bourbon options. It’s comfortable, hip, and well lit, but I hate when expensive cocktail joints like this measure out my drinks. I’d rather be shorted on a freehand pour than have it measured out. I understand the margins matter, but so too does repeat business. Good bartenders know how to do it without pissing off customers and cheating bar owners.

I’d go back, but always looking for something better.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

This was a cool place . Friendly staff. Creative dishes and if you like bourbon your in for a treat. The deviled eggs , spicy nuts and smoked fish were delish !

Reviewed 24 February 2018

I first heard of Maysville in connection with a bourbon tasting. Since we were a little early, we had a snack at the bar. This is when we realised we were also going to have food after the tasting. Excellent appetisers! Baked oysters, devilled eggs as well as oysters on the half shell to name a few. The tasting was 45 - 60 mins long and very informative. We had a chance to taste and compare several different bourbons and learned their different brewing methods. Classes are small enough to ask your own questions.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

We really enjoyed brunch at Maysville. Highly recommend the pulled pork sandiwch and biscuits and gravy. The 'chef's breakfast' was a bit skimppy and the crispy grit cakes were not memorable. Cocktails are always good at Maysville;however, we found the chocolate mayo cake to be dry. It was served with a great almond ice cream which I could have had a bowl of.

1  Thank SDS769