“Misleading information on $10 pizza/beer happy hour deal”

Terrace @ YOTEL New York
Ranked #2,317 of 14,918 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My partner and I are staying at the YOTEL and noticed they were advertising a $10 pizza and beer happy hour. On arrival we asked the waiter if we could substitute the beer with soft drinks, which he said was fine. We then asked what pizzas were included with this deal. He told us that any pizza on the menu was included, so we ordered a cheese pizza and a carnivore pizza, along with Pepsi for drinks. The pizzas came out quickly, however they were very average and bland. A different waitress gave us the bill and we noticed that we had been charged full price for both pizzas and drinks. The waitress then went to the manager to have this rectified. The cheese pizza with drink had been rectified, however we were still charged the full $16 for the carnivore pizza and $1 for the soft drink. Upon questioning this, the waitress responded with “he probably explained it to you wrong, but the $10 deal only includes the cheese pizza”. We are not ones to make a fuss, so we paid the bill and walked out feeling ripped off. It wasn’t our fault that we were given incorrect information by the first waiter that served us. If your staff can’t give correct information then perhaps you should put a note on your advertisement that it only includes a cheese pizza. Will definitely be eating elsewhere for the rest of our stay.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I travel to NYC often for both business and pleasure. My go-to hotel of choice always is Yotel! As a transient New Yorker, the location of the hotel is perfect-on the outskirts of Midtown, Manhattan...but less of the congestion of both cars and people. Blocks away is the nearby theatre district and Hell'sKitchen which sprout various restaurants and bars. Even a bit further than that is Columbus Circle and Central Park. These areas/neighborhoods are in a decent walking distance from the hotel when the weather is nice. Back to the hotel...Yotel will most likely be unlike any other hotel experience you might have had. It essentially is the future of hotel coolness that has yet to be replicated. Just in the entrance alone you are greeted by a staff is more than willing to help you check in (which is done at a kiosk), hail you a cab, or show you how their "Yobot" (really, a robot) stores your luggage as you watch from behind a display glass. Hoping into the elevator, you'll notice an undated rendition of what elevator music is; every time you get into one you may here the "Scooby-Doo" song, a Jackson Five song, or my favorite, "Space Oddity" by David Bowie. Once upstairs on the main floor, "mission control," you will be treated by an upbeat-coolish atmosphere. There's an outdoor bar, a restaurant, a cafe, an outdoor movie theatre (movies projected on a large wall and you listen with supplied headphones), and there's even an event space with scheduled shows/concerts. Did I mention the food is great-mediteraean cuisine! Jumping ahead to the rooms, they're pretty funky themselves. They come win many different sizes. What's really cool and unique about them is that there's a lot of storage space, the bed can incline at the head, and the shower head makes you feel like you're running through the rain. The hotel has many different views to offer; the windows span floor to ceiling.

Perhaps the best part of your stay will be, because it is mine, is the staff at mission control. These wonderful ladies, Karina, Lizzette, Katherine, and Alicia are the best! At times the hotel is a bit busy, but they never cease to great you with a smile, ensure that you have everything you need throughout the entirety of your stay, and they offer great suggestions for things to do/eat around and outside the city. They're also super, super funny. Ah, I also forgot to mention Jacob...I had a minor issue which he took care of right away...I didn't mind waiting till the next morning but he insisted on fixing the minor issue ASAP. On your next visit to Yotel...because you "are" going to make a reservation, right?...please give these lovely people my regards. Go ahead and book a reservation; I'll be there in a few weeks and maybe I'll see ya the bar. I'll be having a drink while challenging someone with the large/adult-size Tic Tac Toe set!
Cheers!!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

so much good food. the appetizers almost filled me up great seafood and meat selections. we are eating here everyday while we are on our visit!

Reviewed 20 October 2017

We chose this place for an evening meal because it's one of the few roof terraces in NYC where one can eat without paying extortionate NY prices.
The place has a buzz with what seemed like a lot of young locals stopping by for drinks after work.
Food was great, our waitress was really friendly. Service was a tiny bit slow when it started to get busy later in the evening (probably not enough waiters & waitresses) but it was only a minor thing and didn't spoil what was a great experience. Definitely worth a visit, especially on a summer evening because the surrounding buildings light up and it looks amazing.

1  Thank kirke1964
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Loved Yotel's roof terrace - very cool with a very mixed crowd - the roof terrace is on the fourth floor - enter the hotel on the ground and get the lift up