“Very average breakfast.”
Review of Spice Symphony

Spice Symphony
Reserve with OpenTable
Spice Symphony is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 14,817 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: USD 7 - USD 25
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 31st and 32nd st
Transit: 6 train to 33rd street and Park ave, R,Q,N,B,D,F,M trains to 34th street and Broadway.
Description: Modern Indian Cooking with a twist and Chinese with an Indian Accent”. We use only fresh local produce of high quality to ensure a healthy living. We use age old Indian spices that has sought to have medical advantages that is put together in concert by different chefs’ each with different skills / talents resulting in different flavors and colors of food from all regions in India. We bring to you coastal curries from Goa, Konkan, Karwar, Allepy, Madurai, Kolkata to name a few.Our food is fresh from the kitchen and we are a symbol of warmth and welcome. We are home, family and friends.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

From the chipped table, to the employee trying to grab the bread off my plate, it was not a good experience.

The breakfast fare is quite average, and the employees can barely manage what they are doing. We received one menu, we had to get the coffee and juice ourselves, the ham was dry, but the French toast was good.

In the midst of the dining experience, there were two men bringing in huge bags from the front of the restaurant to its kitchen. I am assuming it was a delivery of their food for the dinner service, but this should not be happening in front of us dining there.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,922)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Spice Symphony is decorated nicely, and is clean. Service is efficient, staff was friendly. The food however, wasn’t what I was expecting. The portions are small and not worth what they are priced at ($20-25 average for a small curry dish). My $5 soda was 3/4 ice and 1/4 soda. I would not return, this place is suitable for people who enjoy very mildly spiced and bland Indian food.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

After ready reviews we decided to take the trip across town to spice symphony. We had made a reservation and was greeted warmly.
Our waiter took our drink order and asked if we had any questions.
We placed our order of soups, apps, mains, rice and naan
The only thing that stopped me giving a five star review was they brought out the soups and apps at the same time, plus the apps were only warm. Everything else was great. The service was excellent. The food was delicious and plentiful.
For Manhattan this place was reasonable priced. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Ok this is like the 4th time here and it never ceases to amaze me. This is my 12 and 10 year olds first trip to nyc and they were not up for indian food. They wanted pizza, but we made them come because we knew this would be a big moment for them. Guess what it was. My wife is gluten free check she’s smiling. My sister in law vegan she’s giddy. My brother in law had jaw surgery and only could have tender food ... the lamb fell apart in his mouth. My boys are a the tiki masala and pakoras before I got to it. So we ordered more. Service is incredible as usual. Always listen to them when you order the lamb special was well special. I was worried when I forced everyone to come here for dinner but now I’m a hero... so be a hero and bring the family you will not regret it.

1  Thank Eric T
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

A group of 11 of us booked a table here for my friends 40th, we had a really good night the atmosphere was really good, service was excellent they really made a big effort to help my friend celebrate his Birthday, even organising a cake for him which his wife had requested.
Prices were very reasonable for New York and the food was good.
A couple of hiccups with some of the orders but this was soon rectified by the manager and easily done when so busy and with a table of 11.
We received some complimentary starters which were lovely.
The location was a short walk from Times Square and the restaurant itself is modern and very clean.
I would recommend a visit.