“Quaint little restaurant”

Ranked #1,473 of 15,765 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: USD 7 - USD 15
Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: Blue Dog offers a handcrafted menu of authentic, delicious, and eclectic gourmet food comprised of local and organic ingredients! Made with love. We stand for a positive and healthy environment with quality, made-to-order food and beverages that delights you and your health. Foodies in the area rave about our Gourmet Cold Pressed Juices with added herbs and alcohol free tinctures. Try everything from our famous "Crab Benedict" to our unique homemade "Juevos Rancheros" while sipping on gourmet smoothies and professionally crafted coffee! Drop by for a filling breakfast or lunch including our Artisanal Sandwiches, Salads, Wraps, Norwalk Pressed Juices, Loose Leaf Teas, and Homemade Baked Goods. There's something for every appetite here at Blue Dog! Don't forget to check out our full cocktail and espresso bar in the upscale, welcoming café. Enjoy!
Reviewed 31 January 2018

This was just round the corner from our hotel. Friendly staff. Both had the eggs benedict which was lovely.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

My family of 6 waited 30 minutes to have brunch and it was worth the wait. The space is relatively small with communal dining (no objections here) so if you’re expecting to have a table all to yourself they’re few and far in between. Husband wasn’t impressed with the Pumpkin French toast (he said it didn’t taste or look like it had any eggs in the recipe) but everyone enjoyed what they had including myself (Huevos con chorizo). This was not economical dining....but I’d eat here again.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

The place is small and you are sitting right on top of those around you. That was not a huge factor in my book. I enjoyed that we had great service. So, when my husband didn't like a beer, they were prompt in suggesting a different kind and replacing the first. The charlie brown latte that I had was decadent - almost a dessert. We had a chicken sandwich and caesar salad. Both were delicious. I saw many breakfast dishes that I can't wait to try next time I'm in town.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We arrived right before the rush and were very lucky to get two seats. We both had the avacado eggs benedict which was very good, only criticism was that the avacado was discolored and unappealing to eat.
The staff was wonderful and I will return.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I love Blue Dog. Whilst it isn't the biggest place in NYC, its friendly. Whilst the menu isn't the biggest in NYC, its well done, but there is a 'feeling' about it I just love. Pumpkin Stuffed French Toast, lovely. Eggs, good variety and well executed, Huevos Rancheros? One of my favorite dishes, its there, but I've had it done better. Best bit? Off the beaten track and a lovely quiet start for the day. Only ever done breakfast, but I always go when in town.