“Good fast food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Coming from the 5th Avenue, i decided to check this street food my friends are talking about. Being a tourist, i will try anything. It was about 630pm.
I did not regret. There was a line but it was moving fast. I ordered the chicken and beef platter ($8) and chicken sandwich ($6). There were seating areas so we ate it there. Generous serving of beef and chicken over rice and veggies. It tasted very good. I would definitely come back.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,144)

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Tasty lunch meal, worth trying if in New York City on vacation, not as good as years ago when was cheaper, less crowded and larger portions. Still worth a visit, Rafiqui’s also a good option

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Went to the truck at 53rd and I think 7th. Got a mix of the chicken and gyro lamb. My girlfriend and I practically inhaled it. Yes, they are that good. Their trucks are more spread out than they used to be, but they deserve the rep. My stomach is rumbling just thinking about it. Luckily I'm going back in August so I'll have another opportunity to eat there.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

I had halal guys from the same cart about 7 years ago at 1am it was delicious! Since then they’ve opened a restaurant by my house in California. I wasn’t a fan of the location of CA and always wondered if the halal guys cart was just really good because I was super hungry that one night. Fast forward 7 years... I don’t know what it is.. but the food at this cart is 10000x better than the restaurants in CA. The rice and meat are moist and the guys are super generous with their sauce!!! Delicious. So perfect for a cold, late night. Highly recommended! Warning though, the hot sauce is HOT!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I went here FOUR times during our trip, it was so good! It's street food. $7 for a gyro sandwich or $8 for a plate. It's the best deal in the city and while there are imitators that probably have great food too, I never went to them because my friends told me to go to this exact one on 53rd and 6th Ave. The white sauce is so good. The red sauce will burn going down and will burn the next day if you won 't watch out. Use red sauce sparingly.

2  Thank 808Momx2