“Generous portion on the mixed platter”
Review of The Halal Guys

The Halal Guys
Ranked #113 of 14,214 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 6 October 2017

I have been coming to the Halal Guys for a couple of years and I swear the lines keep getting longer. Now they are moving into store fronts.

Their platters for $8.00 can not be beat. It is a generous portion of mixed chicken and gyro meat with rice, a small salad and pita and could feed two people well. The food is always consistent and fresh. The amount of people in line can reach 30 deep at lunch and dinner time and the line moves very fast because they are always cooking across the street at one of the other stands and supply both carts on the opposite sides of Sixth Avenue and 53rd Streets. The food is always fresh.

The line moves very quickly and there is a pocket park next to the CBS building where you can eat. On a nice day, it can't be beat.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,983)

Reviewed 28 September 2017

I had the combo platter chicken and gyro meat with pitas over rice smothered in tzatziki sauce. The gyro meat was much better than chicken IMO and if I were to go back, I would have the gyro meat only. Service was very efficient and the line moved quickly. $8.00 is very reason

Reviewed 28 September 2017

I don't usually eat from food trucks but this one was recommended and I tried. Surprisingly the chicken pita was very good! Everything was neat and clean looking. The server, however, didn't have much of a personality but it was very late maybe he was tired.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

On our stay in NYC on 55th St we notice food carts dotted around like confetti. On our way back from the Rockefeller Centre my son decided to try a kebab from a popular cart - Halal Guys. The food in the first instance did not look appealing but we gave it a go. it was not good to say the least it was dry chewy and lacking in any taste. This particular cart - chain and many other like it serve middle eastern food and a very poor imitation of 'indian'!!! i think. if you are used to greek / turkish style kebabs from good takeaways in England give this a miss.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

We both tried the falafel plate. What can I say - falafel was cold although we ate directly after getting the food. The whole dish had barely any taste. Would not recommend this place!