“A great spot for lunch!”
Review of Jacob's Pickles

Jacob's Pickles
Ranked #103 of 15,763 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Description: Since the launch of Jacobs Pickles on the Upper West Side of NY in late 2011, the Pickles team has been committed to sharing their love for food and community. “Everything we do is about bringing good food to good people”, says Jacob. “I couldn’t find this style of food in New York—a sort of back to basics kind of cooking. My father raised me in a neighborhood restaurant in Astoria, Queens. “It’s all about warmth and community for us, always has been.” Since the beginning, we’re proud to have shared our love for home-cooked food, artisanal beer, hand made cocktails, and of course, pickles.
Reviewed 2 August 2018

The only problem we had was that we were only there for one meal and there was so much we wanted to try! I would definitely go back and slowly but surely work my way through the menu. Another think I loved about this spot was how friendly the other patrons were about discussing what they ordered so you could decide whether to order it now try something else. Portions are ENORMOUS so you will not go away hungry. The staff here is very friendly - our server, Amelia was so sweet; always smiling and willing to join our silly conversations. I would absolutely go back.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

If want to taste the best mac’n’cheese or fried chicken w biscuits and gravy that are known to man, this is your place! But get there early - the lines are long!.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

This is one of our favorite places when visiting NYC. We eat here every visit. It’s up on the upper west side not too far from the natural history museum. They have southern food. Portions are huge and definitely shareable. I always get the Buffalo Mac and cheese. So good! My husband and son already get chicken and pancakes. Seriously folks, huge! They also have homemade root beer. Yum! We tried the poutine as an appetizer this time and the mound of fries was insane. I highly recommend Jacob’s Pickle!

1  Thank TheGardners_11
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

The food here is amazing! My husband got the meatloaf, I got the honey chicken and grits and my daughter got chicken and pancakes. We were all very impressed. The only thing that was a slight turn off is that it was very loud and more of a bar atmosphere. Our daughter is a teenager. If you have younger children, go for lunch or at night without the kids.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Showed up here around 6:15 on a Wednesday night and if we’d been much later would have had to wait for a table. First impressions were that it was very loud, a very tight squeeze between tables, and possibly a mistake to bring our 3-year old with us. However they were very accommodating with him and got him settled with crayons, and although there was no kid menus they bought him a plate of fries as soon as we asked. Service, overall, was exceptional - friendly and attentive.

The food was also great and the portions are MASSIVE (they do warn you about this but it was still a shock!). We had the fried green tomatoes and the devilled eggs to start - both very tasty and well-seasoned. The fried chicken and biscuits for a main were super yummy though we should have shared because there was no way we’d eat it all. They also had a pretty impressive beer list and make their root beer and ginger ale in house.

Overall it was a great meal and would highly recommend (but we’d leave the toddler at home).

2  Thank moonstruck72