“Not Great”

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not Great”
Reviewed 12 April 2004

After reviewing the website for Shija Day Spa, I booked a couples package for me and my husband. It was my 30th birthday and neither one of us had ever had a massage and were not sure what to expect. I had always heard that messages were very relaxing and we were excited to try it. We were a little disappointed when we entered the Spa because the waiting area looked nothing like the picture on the internet. It was very dark and small..nothing like the spacious white room on the website. After being escorted to a locker room, we took a steam bath and then shower followed by our side by side message. I have never experienced anything so painful in my life! The package listing did not disclose what kind of massage was included. I foolishly assumed it was a swedish massage. I found out later that it was a deep tissue sports massage...not very relaxing. I found myself wincing the entire time.
The massuse cracked about every bone in my body including my neck. At one point it felt like she was standing on my back. Needless to say both my husband and I were very displeased. We were also expecting fresh fruit and champagne with our packge as stated on the website but that didn't happen. The place was very clean but I definitely would not go back there.

1 Thank BeachMama96