All reviews bagels single private room shower and toilet shared bathroom free breakfast walking distance location is great safe area subway station air con times square around the corner few blocks the empire state building central park manhattan ensuite
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

We had a private double and the room was huge!!! Had shelves, hooks, a big double locker, a sink and mirror. Bed and pillows were comfy. Larry at the desk was great! Breakfast is included but is 1 bagel, 1 butter, 1 piece of fruit, rationed out and then you had bottomless coffee, tang and cornflakes. There wasn’t much of a vibe but was very cleaned and the bathrooms cleaned Daily!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2017

I always go back to this hostel although the rooms look like a scene from Prison Break..
Very very basic rooms.. not the most comfortable beds..but the location is perfect and it is clean..No bed bugs..
I always go for a single private room as that is very cheap for being in the middle of Manhattan.
Continental breakfast which I skip most of the time. Very simple..
Cleaning daily which is great, but they always wake me up shouting outside my door early in the morning using walkie talkies..
Oh,..free pizza on Wednesdays.. A lot of pizza...

Room tip: Very noisy next to the kitchen. Stay away..
Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 December 2017

Comfy, clean shelter, safe at all hours. 24 hour staff, multiple transportation options. So affordable. Breakfast included. Guests from all over the world. Lockers available for early arrival and after check out. Shuttle service discounts available to airports. Great neighborhood with culture venues closeby. groceries, a kitchen. Charming courtyard for the breakfast. Helpful staff.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 December 2017

I staid in the Chelsea for just 2 nights. The rooms are bare and no frills, just the two simple beds, lockers and a sink. The shower is in the hall, as is the toilet. Both were on the small side. The building is old and noisy, but since it was off season (is it ever in New York?) we were not much bothered by our neigbors. Location wise you couldn't be in a better situation. You're not here to stay in your room! The breakfast was a nice plus, though I was sad that it was too cold to enjoy the courtyard. There is a living room in the reception building, with local information, maps and a computer. All in all, if you're in town to explore, and just need a bed, this is the perfect spot. I did feel the price was a bit steep for what was offered, but hey, it's Manhattan!

Room tip: We staid on the ground floor, next to the entrance of the kitchen. If you want quiet, ask for room on one of the upper floors.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 November 2017

I have stayed at many hotels worldwide, from Bolivia to South Africa. This is by far the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. It's also the most expensive room I have ever stayed in. The room was very small and gloomy , the walls appeared to be very dirty and I constantly found decent sized bugs in the room. The breakfast was very disappointing. We were lucky enough to have a bathroom in our room but the common bathrooms did not have a sink or hand sanitizer. The only good thing was the location.

Date of stay: September 2017