“Great food, non-existent service”
Review of Jin Ramen

Jin Ramen
Ranked #1,513 of 15,768 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: Morningside Heights
Neighbourhood: Morningside Heights
Reviewed 13 September 2015

Would have given 5 stars, but the poor service diluted the experience. Our server took our drink order and then I had to wave him over to order our dinner. After he entered our order he left (still 60 minutes prior to closing). Never have I had a server leave (shift or for break) and not introduce me to their replacement. Our food took longer than 2 tables that ordered 5 minutes after we did. Once the food was delivered, we were never asked how it was, if we needed anything, given refills on our drinks, or given napkins. I had to ask the bartender next to our high tops table for all of the above and the hostess for the check.

Food was very tasty. I had a sore throat and the hot ramen soup was perfect. I ordered the SHIO ramen which was a saltier, chicken broth. My girlfriend got the TONKOTSU ramen which is a creamier chicken broth. We also had chicken gyoza for an appetizer which was delicious.

Reviewed 10 September 2015

I came here with my family for dinner and it was truly a great experience. My favorite was kimchi ramen with bulgogi rice bowl and you must try the port bun as appetizer. Service was great and It was definitely worth visiting during my stay in New York.

Reviewed 28 August 2015 via mobile

We stopped in here because we were craving ramen and we got a delicious experience. The place is cute inside and was filled with people (good sign!) we got a table very quickly though, so we didn't have to wait long. The menu is extensive and there is a lot to choose from.. Including non-ramen items. I like my ramen extra spicy so I had the Kim chi ramen which had great kick to it and my guy had the miso ramen which was mild and flavorful. We both really enjoyed our food! We also had the pork bun appetizer... Highly recommend this! So tender and savory. We had a couple IPA beers (Ozeno Yokidoke IPA) that we never had before and were surprised at the end to find out they were $15 each! (We had 2 each!!! Haha wow!) oh well my bad for not checking. Those were more expensive then our ramen bowls. Keep an eye on those drink prices if you stop in here! The food is great though!

Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

Jin has been our 'home base' ramen go-to since they opened on Amsterdam Ave this year and it had been generally good. So, why meh? Well we haven't been there for a month or so and something has changed. We went this week and the food wasn't memorable but the 'service' was... but not the way they'd like. The staff hovered over us, attempting to remove plates before we had finished. All in all, too rushed and too meh for our liking. With the proliferation of ramen in NYC, they will need to do better. You certainly can do better if ramen is your yen.

Reviewed 20 July 2015

This is a review of their location on Amsterdam Avenue: at best, below average food -- unclear why the place is always full. Miso ramen was too salty, service was spacey. It was one of those one time only visits just to seed what was there.