5,149 results
All reviews freedom tower the financial district wtc site the world trade center ground zero brooklyn bridge lower manhattan path train battery park new york wall street indoor pool junior suite statue of liberty corner room directly across the street city view
Reviewed 5 April 2018

The location is excellent. It is very close to 9/11 memorial and Battery Park. I stayed in a suite with my family. While the room was very nice I was under the impression from the room description that there was a door between the bedroom and the living room. There is not. There is a hallway with the bathroom that separates the space. A door could easily be placed there but was not. The water pressure in the shower was also poor. I did not want to change rooms because our trip was short so we just dealt with it. Overall i would stay at the location again if the price were right.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I was lucky to have a corner room with a sitting area. The views were incredible! but the hotel needs a bit of an update as it looks very 1980's. Everything was clean, just not modern. But, for NYC it was a spacious room and easy to access anything. I had meetings in the area, so that made the location good for me. But, for first time visitors to NYC the location is at the bottom tip of the island, so getting to mid or uptown will take a bit of travel on the subway or taxi. it is very close to Century 21 and Westfield shopping centre, as well as ground zero. Breakfast was very good, but the wait staff need a bit of training. Most didn't speak much English or understood anything you asked, or maybe they just didn't care. But, if you just want basis coffee and self serve breakfast you will be fine. Asking for tea or poached eggs will be frustrating and it won't be successful. I am glad I stayed there for the views and proximity to my meetings, but I will try to stay in midtown first next time, just to I am closer to things.

Room tip: some corner rooms have views of two sides of the river
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank champagnesally
Reviewed 3 April 2018

This hotel was gorgeous, we were thrilled that our room had a view of Ground Zero! Right by two subways also so our walks were quick and short. Since we checked in super early (7 am) our room wasn't ready, but we decided to upgrade for only $25. The upgrade was more than worth it because our room was on one of the highest floors and had a beautiful view. I definitely recommend selecting a room with a view! All of the staff were friendly and polite, loved staying here!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I am a longtime Hilton customer (Diamond member for years), and NYC is full of really nice Hilton brand hotels, however this hotel is trending downward. The "good" things are the location, friendless of the staff, easy access to taxi and subway. That being said, its expensive, very dated and honestly needs a retrofit. My room entertainment system was broken, couldn't turn the heat down (77 degrees constantly), elevator metal trim parts wobble back and forth as it going up and down, stains on the carpets on the floor, food is horribly overpriced. Unless its critical that you stay at a Hilton near Wall Street and WTC, look at other hotels.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 556charlesy
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Millennium Hilton New York Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Charles Y,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your comments and are very sorry for the condition of your room. We will address your comments with our team as we work to improve our guest experience. As well, we actively search for ways to keep costs low, and your feedback is genuinely appreciated as it is the first step in helping us improve. We hope you will come visit us in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We frequently travel from Boston for weekends in NY, and our hotel of choice is The Millennium Hilton.

It's a flawless location. If you think Lower Manhattan is too far removed from the excitement of Midtown, you have a higher tolerance for noise and mayhem than we do. LM is quiet, clean, surrounded by lots of new restaurants. It's walking distance to the water taxis, SI Ferry (free!), The Village (if you like walking). Brooklyn Bridge, Hudson River...and when you're heading uptown for a show, Fulton Center is a block away and the A train will get you there in 22 minutes, compared to an hour by Uber or taxi on a Friday or Saturday night.

The rooms are spacious - splurge the extra $25 for city view for the World Trade Center. It's a great look both night and day. The beds are wonderful, the bathroom huge and the they're always very clean.

Oh, and when I tell people I stay in 4 star hotels in the Financial District, they can't believe we typically pay weekend and holiday rates around $240 or less.

But nice rooms and location are one thing. It's the staff that that keeps us from staying elsewhere. Bobby in concierge and Seth at the door always go out of their way to make sure to visit and chat with us, not so much out of work requirement but because they're honestly nice guys who love their jobs and their clients. It's nice to be remembered by the hotel staff, but these guys know my kids, my parents, what show we saw the night before...pretty cool.

We've been staying here since 2001, just before the neighborhood - and the world - changed forever. We've occasionally stayed elsewhere when rooms were not available, and some of those places are nice. But we will always return to MH.

Room tip: Look for City View - high or low, always great
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple