“Decent but Not Up To Hilton Standards”
Review of Millenium Hilton

Millenium Hilton
Ranked #233 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Decent but Not Up To Hilton Standards”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I am by no means an expert in Hilton Hotels. I have stayed at 3 in 3 different states. However, I do travel extensively and would consider myself somewhat experienced when it comes to hotels. The reasons I can't give the Millenium Hilton higher marks are as follows:

Front Desk Staff: This was the one highlight I had. The staff at the front desk and the supporting staff were great. Very friendly and they had my requests on record and happily fulfilled them.

Pool and Gym: a rare find in this city, the pool and gym are great by all standards. If this is important then you can't go with this hotel.

Rooms: The room was clean but felt "dark". You can't expect any hotel to have rooms of any great size so I wouldn't take points off for that.

Concierge Lounge: as a frequent traveler, I depend greatly on the concierge lounge. This hotel doesn't have one! To me this is a huge deal breaker.

Restaurants: The restaurant was good. The staff is very friendly and helpful. However, the "bar" is right by the elevators. I was traveling with my family and I didn't really care for the atmosphere for my kids.

Location: Great. I can't say much about that.

Overall: If I was traveling alone I may have given it an extra point but I was with my family. I did not want to stay there with my kids. Hilton hotels and staff are great but the layout of the entrance didn't make it very kid friendly. There is nothing I enjoy more than to relax in the concierge lounge of a hotel after a long day of work but this hotel doesn't have one. It is truly a shame.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (970)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sao Caetano do Sul, SP
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I've been staying at this hotel on business trips for almost 20 years now. Let's say we have the pre and post 9/11 NY (and world) and this is clearly reflected at this hotel. So just ask for a room facing the back if you want to avoid the ground zero contruction noise and you will be fine. Beautiful view if you get a window towards Brooklyn bridge.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank RoseTraveller
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This was a fabulous hotel. We got this hotel with an online price bidding website. What a wonderful deal! I would definitely pay for the hotel next go-round vs. a bidding website to ensure we received the same hotel.

We were upgraded to two queens vs. one king. The clerk said we would enjoy more -- larger room. What a gem! We were given a corner room looking directly over Manhatten's skyline (will load pics later). The pictures from the room were some of the best of a NY visit. Subway in front of the hotel - ideal. Lots of restaurants nearby - La Preta (or something like that) was a great find. We walked to Staten Island Ferry at night from the hotel, and we felt completely safe. Large bathroom -- but we didn't stay in the room much.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner double queen (not sure room number) - facing Manhatten.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Somerset, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 March 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Millennium this past weekend for a night out in the city. We did not stay in the hotel very much but enjoyed the time we were there. The hotel is in a great location. We drove to a parking deck in NJ near the PATH train and took the train in from there. I say this because if you are a Jersey person the train station at Harrison on the PATH line has a great safe parking deck that will cost you $11 for 12 hour instead of the $60 the hotel charges. The hotel is a quick walk from the PATH station and a ton of subway lines. We saw a play had dinner, hung out at a few bars in the village and had a wonderful bed a few minutes away in the Hilton. The view was amazing. We were right above the eastern edge of the World Trade Center site. I was worried that there would be noise from construction but there was nothing but that great view of the site, memorial and NYC skyline. We stayed on a Saturday in mid march, reserved on the Hilton website and paid a $189 AAA rate. With tax it came to about 220. The room was pretty small but the bed was so very comfortable. No complaints what so ever. We were given the option to pay $20 more when we reserved for a room away from the WTC site. I was tempted but glad I didn't. As I said there was no noise and I would have missed the view.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ciderjack25
MilleniumHilton, Manager at Millenium Hilton, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
On behalf of the Millenium Hilton, I would like to thank you for sharing you and your wife's recent night away. I am sure that many other Jeseyites will love your parking tip.. So happy to hear that after your busy evening out you found our bed so comfortable.. We look forward your trip into the city and hope that we will once again be your hotel of choice. Thank you again...
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I love this hotel, while it is a cruel reminder of 9/11 it is great to see this hotel open again! It is convenient to everything Wall Street!

Room Tip: Higher rooms offer great views of the new construction.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
MilleniumHilton, Manager at Millenium Hilton, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
On behalf of the Millenium Hilton, Thank You for your kind remarks.. We were all very proud to reopen our doors in May 2003. We would agree, the views are quite amazing. So delighted to see that you are a return guest..Look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to NYC.