See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 November 2014

Spent 3 nights at Efuru. Excellent location close to restaurants,shops and subway.
Apartment met all our needs and was neat and clean with a small outdoor area which was a bonus.
Lydia and Jun were very helpful with our enquiries concerning Harlem.
A very pleasant stay and would recommend.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2014

For the same money as you'd pay for a dorm in a hostel you get a very spacious, clean and secure private room.

Didn't encounter "Lydia" on our stay but the gentleman "Jun" was really friendly and made us feel right at home. He'd bend over backwards to ensure you enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I was reluctant to share my experience about this guest house as i wanted to keep it for myself like a secret! I've spent more than 15 days in that place, i joined 3 of my friends there and we only have to pay a little extra for my stay in the flat ( not even 150$). We've met a lot of people there and have some birthday BBQ party in the garden with all of the guest. Lydia is super nice like a friendly mom happy to give you the best spot in new-york, and Jun the manager, this guy is amazing, a life example of a self made man, he is always up to help you and to discuss with you about everything.
We stayed on the flat downstairs and it was cleaned every days as a hotel, they've done their best to respect our intimacy and we felt like at home.
the flat was clean and secure and the entire house with this mythic stairs turned my stay in NYC into a real American movie, i fell in love with the city and mostly thanks to efuru guest house.
the location is wonderful, there were some street festival and everybody were friendly, girls walked alone on the street by night and felt more secure than in Parisians streets.
you have some nice café and food truck and obviously the famous harlem shake down the street where your are mandatory to have one of their burger.
10 minutes from Central park, nothing more to add :)
I highly recommend this place and i'll definitely book it again for my next stay in the city.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends