I booked this as an 'unlisted' hotel because we were trying to save money and thought the risk was worth it. Unlisted means you book through a site like hotwire and don't actually know which hotel it is until you complete the booking, you just know the price, general location and rating. Benefit of taking this risk = better price.
When I booked and saw it was Envoy Club I came here to read reviews and was a little concerned. They were hardly universally positive.
But after a week staying there I can say I was pleasantly surprised, and we thought it was perfect for what we were looking for.
Our room was big, very big by Manhattan standards. The neighbourhood was safe and reasonably convenient (Murray Hill is NOT in the absolute middle of Manhattan, so if this is what you want, choose another place), and the apartment style worked well for us. A doorman plus a staff member (most of the time) was enough to handle all of our requests.
The bed was comfortable, with nice clean sheets, and the room was dark, cool and quiet at night. The two airconditioning units handled the NY heatwave perfectly.
The kitchen wasn't new but it was clean and very usable. The bathroom was big and clean. As for the carpet - I'm not sure if we had new carpet or if previous reviews saw things that we didn't, but our carpet was 100% fine.
Internet wasn't free, but it worked very well (a lot better than many hotels I've stayed in) so I was happy.
My conclusion about Envoy Club is that it certainly wasn't as bad as some of these reviews make it sound. Whether you like it or not will all depend on what you are looking for - if you want something brand new, gives you the feeling of being right in the heart of Manhattan, has great views, and a really cool vibe, Envoy Club probably isn't the best bet.
However, if you want great space, very practical pleasant apartment style and excellent value, Envoy Club could be a great option. My fiance and I had both been to Manhattan before, so we didn't need a rockstar place, we just needed a place that was a decent size, good quality, reasonably located (we actually liked getting some extra walking by staying in Murray Hill) and good value. Envoy Club was all of that and we would have no hesitation in going there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Envoy Club Suites offers beautifully appointed studios, one and two bedrooms with full kitchens and all the comforts of home. We are located in the historic Murray Hill neighborhood in midtown Manhattan. These spacious, elegantly designed apartment suites are complete with fully equipped kitchens, a dining area, cable TV, VCR/DVD player, CD stereo, and wifi internet access. Property includes large Fitness Center with sauna and steam room, Cinema Room, Conference Room and Rooftop Deck. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Envoy Club Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Envoy Club Hotel New York City
- Envoy Hotel New York City
- Envoy New York City