“Very Children and Family Unfriendly!!!”

The Premier New York Times Square
Ranked #160 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Canada
“Very Children and Family Unfriendly!!!”
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Travel with 2 young kids alone during July, was told by front desk kids were not allowed to go to Breakfast Area during the snacks time and I did not see anywhere in the Hotel Web Page mention about it at all.
Strange thing happened again when I was 2nd in line during the check out, the front desk just ignored me and talk to a man with business suit just step out from the elevator who said he was in a rush. Noone even said a word to me if I mind to let to this man to do the check out first
So my conclusion is Businessman welcome and family with kids sucks..

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Lun100

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 9 September 2011

The room was clean. Not a bad location for the price. Expedia was a bit misleading in that we understood we were staying at the millenium broadway (which is next door). No free wireless. We waited a long time to check in and were generally unimpressed. The buffet breakfast turned out to be very "continental" with no option to upgrade what so ever, so having paid an extra $14 for a danish, we weren't thrilled.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kimberleyp3
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 5 September 2011

This hotel was sold to me by my travel agent. I was however told this would be the Millenium Hotel Broadway and not the adjacent Premier Hotel. What a mistake this turned out to be.
I arrived in the room 1022. There was a loud noise coming from the outside as if a plane was passing. This didnt go away and when I looked out of the window there was this huge unit which I believe to be an air conditioning unit in front of my window, but belonging to a building opposite. There really is no excuse for a hotel to sell you a room at 230 Dollars without making mention of this. This price just is not low enough to make up for that infernal noise which allows you no sleep. As far as I could gather the room 1022 had two ajacent rooms. I presume any room ending in 22 has the same noise issue so avoid at any cost. This is if you must go here.

The complimentary breakfast (which may be an attempt to make amends for your lack of sleep) was ok: croissant, coffee, juice, toasts and bagels. Basic but consumed in more upmarket surroundings than usual for this type of breakfast.

The concierge service was appaling by the way. A guy called Joey was not the brightest. He was unable to answer simple questions about how to get to the airport by public transport without resorting to asking a colleague and even so, both were rather disinterested. Still I left an undeserved tip. They were also playing loud house music when there were no customers around. The team seemed bored. The receptionist, Vivienne, was nice and professional but beneath it all she might be fed up with this low class of hotel trying to position itself as belonging to the classy one next to it which boast a far more attractive decor and presumably clientele.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I love it here. It is not the Renaissance or the Sofitel, my favorite ($$$) mid-town hotels, but the modern room furnishings and clean style of the Premier are very appealing. Check-in is very classy and, best of all it is very quiet and private. The location could hardly be better.

Rooms are clean, service is friendly - there's little not to like. The morning breakfast buffet area would be more functional if there were tables or other accomodations for coffee cups, plates and cereal bowls, and I wish it would open at 6:30 rather than 7:00 a.m., but the selection is wonderful and the quality of the food is very good.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank timminn49
Wilmington, DE
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Stayed here for business because they had the government rate and close to where I needed to conduct business. First - the plusses: Location was great - just off times square. Room was large with a nice view. It was very quiet on the 20th floor, which I like. The free cocktail hour was awesome - free beer, wine, sandwiches, etc. They got me in very early, at 7:30 a.m. which was nice but only after I pressed (I knew they had rooms, and had to sign up for their club to get in early).

The negatives: the decor was worn. caulking was peeling, shower leaked spontaneously in the middle of the nights, pieces of wall covering (was that paper?) peeling off. I'm sure it all looked nice 15 - 20 years ago. I thought I was staying in the Millenium, their sister hotel where I had reservations, but ended up there. As a result, I had an ice bucket but the ice was down 20 floors and over three addresses if I really wanted it. (same with the gym) Service was ok but not necessarily stellar.

Overall, it worked out ok, but if my wife had stayed with me, who's much pickier than me, it would have been a disaster. And if the kids had come, it would have been worse. The windows at ankle level (on the 20th floor) actually open! (albiet only about 4 or 5", but still a bit scary)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business