“Yummy Soups!!!”

Ranked #142 of 15,768 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: Established in 1984. In 1984 we opened our doors at 55th Street & 8th Avenue in NYC and quickly became a worldwide destination serving incredibly delicious and unique soups & Lobster Roll sandwiches. Rated #1 by Zagat and praised by the New York Times as "Art, not Soup," we set the standard for culinary excellence long before the famous "Seinfeld" episode made us a cultural icon.
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

We tried the lobster bisque and chicken dumpling soups: both were super delicious! It is a nice lunch option as it comes with bread, an apple and a chocolate! It's a take out place only!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

This is one of the highlights of any trip to NYC... I'm thrilled that the chain has expanded to be in other locations, allowing more soup for me. Absolutely delicious soup.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

I ordered the lobster roll and I was expecting something out of this world because people have really hyped this place up. But it was average and needed more lobster. It barely had any. I am not a soup person so I cannot speak for that.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

You wouldn't believe how good this soup is ! I took my group of 15 from Pa. to the original soupman on our way to central park . Everyone loved the soup and we all had many different types . I had the Lobster Bisque it was so meaty and chunky and such great flavor . For only a few bucks I had a nice filling lunch there and it comes with bread ,fruit and a chocolate . Also the soupman (Al) was one of the nicest people i have ever met . He was helpfull and patient as well . We will be back for sure!!!
Steve M

Reviewed 15 February 2017

This place never lets me down. Their manners are much better than in the Seinfeld episode. You get the soup usually 4-5 different types, and some fresh bread, fresh fruit, and a fantastic chocolate truffle. If you like soup this is the place.