“Halloween evening meal”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: Sullivan Street
Transit: Subway lines: #1 to Houston Street. C, E to Spring Street. A, B, C, D, E, F, M to West 4th Street or Broadway Lafayette. N, R, W to Prince Street, #6 to Bleeker. Bus lines: M5-LTD to Broadway & Houston. M103 to Bowery & E. Houston. M2-LTD to E 8th Street & Mercer St. M21 to W. Houston& Sullivan St.
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

We were here on Halloween, glad we found it. My wife and I both had the red snapper sandwich, which was wonderful, the only thing that we didn't know the dressing on it was hot! Otherwise the sandwich was wonderful! We also had a side of the brown rice and the plain roti. Not expensive and very filling quick meal. The waitress and the cook all were very nice and smiling, listening to wonderful reggae music. Definitely recommend it!

Reviewed 21 October 2016

Tried the jerk corn, cod fish fritters, jerk salmon and jerk chicken . Can't recommend it enough! The ginger beer is good too ;)

Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

Miss Lily's Jerk Shack... There is nothing more disheartening than walking into an establishment owned and run by those that look like you and being treated like you don't belong! Others were greeted and served with smiles as I stood for 3 minutes that seemed like an eternity waiting for someone to offer a simple hello, how may I help you as it was my first time there. When someone finally spoke, they offered a seat in the Take-out section and a menu passed to me by another customer. I was ready to leave but I decided it was either gonna get better or worse and since I had some time I'd go along for the ride. When my friend arrived I advised of my experience thus far. She offered to leave, but instead, we both stood on line, placed our orders and grabbed our waters. My order arrived first, but who eats without their friend? So as I sat and watched order after order fly out of the kitchen I wondered when my friends would arrive- about five minutes later there it was, my food now room temperature but such is life. I prayed over our food and dug in! It was ok. As a Brooklyn Girl of Caribbean decent I wasn't impressed with my Jerk Chicken Roti which was more like Jerk-less Chicken Burrito w/ rice and peas, cabbage and a pickled cucumber and onion garnish- thank goodness for pepper sauce because it saved the day! Now if u like coconut and corn their take on Mexican Street corn was quite tasty!! Overall, the food was ok and I will return for the corn and to try something else but it probably won't be any time soon...

1  Thank Nailah D
Reviewed 13 October 2016

New York is quintessential diversity of everything from culture to economic status! If you want to experience all of that ...you need to experience Miss Lilys Jamaican cuisine! This is for the tourists who are in the know about staying away from the tourist traps and want to experience something different. From the scantily clad Hostess to the walls covered in 45's and the wonderful Jamaican club music you will be immersed in the experience. We ordered the oxtail stew, real coconuts for water, cod fritters, watermelon salad, red stripe steamed mussels, rice beans, the arugula salad, coco bread and the fish tacos and everything was so good! I really enjoyed the vibe and the energy! Put this place on your list as a stop for a meal!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Loved the food, service, music and atmosphere. The fried fish tacos, Mac and cheese pie, jerk chicken, rice and peas and the plantain were to die for. So good.