Stayed here in Sept '10. Hotel is located in a part of town with lots of traffic because it's close to the entrance to the Lincoln tunnel and the Javits Center is a couple blocks away. With that said it's location is also a plus because the Port Authority terminal and Penn Station are within walking distance. The best thing about being in this part of town is that feels a lot like NY did before it started it's latest renaissance of sleek condo towers and chic hotels and restaurants. In this part of town there are a pizza stand that has no sitting area, a classic bagel place, and small family owned bodegas and the best part is the price reflects it. Of course there are also the newer restaurants and other places trying to make it, but they are sprinkled throughout and not necessarily concentrated in one particular area.
Picked this hotel after canceling a reservation at another nearby place. It was last minute and wound up being lucky because I got the last room. A couple came in as I was filling out paperwork and they were told the hotel was full. Whew! Although it was just me, I wound up with a room with 2 full size beds. The room was just big enough to fit both beds, TV console with TV, and small desk with chair. The room's decor seemed outdated. The bathroom was basic and not much to write home about. Breakfast was simple and the dining area was a bit small. Just got my little bit of food and ate up in the room. Again, plenty of options to eat around so just treat yourself elsewhere.
For the price it was not bad but had I planned better probably could have found something better for less. Since it was just a place to sleep at night, no major complaints.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just half a block from the Jacob Javits Convention Center, the Magnuson Convention Center Hotel is a short 10-15min walk from Times Square,the Theater District, Madison Square Garden, Penn Station, Port Authority, and other major attractions and transportation hubs. Amenities and Services Provided: -Complementary American Style Hot Breakfast Buffet -Complementary Wi-Fi -Business Center -Tempur-pedic Beds in every room -Shared Shuttle and Taxi service TO the Airport (Fees Apply) -NYC Attractions and Tours (Fees Apply) -Safety Boxes in all rooms -Iron and Ironing Board -Hair Dryer -Shampoo, Conditioners, Soap, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Magnuson Convention Center Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hotel New York City
- Best Western Convention Center Hotel
- Best Western New York City
- New York City Best Western