Review Highlights
Fascinating and engaging tour!

My husband and I so enjoyed the Gilded Age tour we took with Kevin this morning. Not only does he... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
jesswhit328
Jersey City, New Jersey
Gilded Age Tour

My sister, family friend, and myself come to NYC each year in early January to see the last... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Btsvet
via mobile

All reviews gilded age founding fathers private tour lower manhattan alexander hamilton great tour walking tour the financial district group tour guide kevin new york colonial history bowling green park highly recommend this tour company greenwich village boy scout troop custom tour
Reviewed 4 March 2018

The New York Historical Tours is a great tour operation. We are New Yorkers who wanted to learn more about the history of our city. We did the Gilded Age tour with this company and learned so much about the history behind the buildings that we pass all the time. We will never look at 5th Avenue in the same way as before! The tour guide brought to life the major historical figures of the American Industrialization and how their deeds shaped the tax, labor and corporate laws as well as the philanthropy world we have today. Our children (early teens) were completely engrossed.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank 720Anna
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

I took three tours with Kevin: the Gilded Age, the Chelsea and the High Line, and a private city tour. Two of these I did by myself and the other with my husband. Kevin is an engaging and knowledgeable guide who is able to bring the city and its history to life. He went out of way to show me small and unusual places that maybe would not be every itinerary. The tours are well organized and are of the right length. I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 23 January 2018

We took the Gilded Age tour with Kevin and he was incredibly knowledgeable and entertaining. Highly recommend it!!

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank ebmust
Reviewed 18 January 2018

Great tour! Kevin was extremely knowledgeable, friendly and answered all of our questions. He created a very fun experience for us overall. Highly recommend this for tourists as well as local New Yorkers who want to know more about the history of the city.

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank Carolynn G
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

My family and I were coming into NYC to see Hamilton and enjoy wonderful dining and sightseeing. We started our trip out perfectly with Kevin and the Founding Fathers Tour. He greeted my 9 year old son and I with a welcome smile and so much knowledge of the days Hamilton, Jefferson, Adams and Washington walked the streets of New York. Kevin you did a wonderful job creating the times of years past and as we sat watching the play the next day I could envision so much of the events and places because of your description and places we visited during our tour. This may have been my first tour with Kevin but for sure it will not be our last - looking forward to learning so much more about this great nation! Don’t hesitate call now to book it or any of his tours!

Date of experience: January 2018