4,337 results
All reviews family room penn station premium room bunk beds police station next door times square new york madison square garden quiet street empire state building coffee machine great shower modern hotel the high line large room lobby bar around the corner
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Loved this hotel!! My family and I stayed here for 4 nights. The room was spacious and clean. It was close to subway, Time Square, etc. We enjoyed happy hour on 2 occasions; Miguel our bartender provided excellent service. The concierge (Natalie) was also great; her approach was pleasant, friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to others with families especially teens!!

Stayed: July 2018
2  Thank Kimberllyna
Reviewed 15 July 2018

We had originally started in a hotel that was not up to par to our standards. Mold was evident in the bathtub paint was chipping throughout the walls someone had recommended the previous hotel. When we found that the TrypWyndham hotel had availability we transferred immediately and loved our stay.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel is extremely overpriced. The pros: location near Times Square, but quiet (8th floor.) Beds were ok and pillows good, but bedding was hot/synthetic. AC was quiet and kept room cool. There was a safe in room. Shower had mold in it and was generally dirty. Breakfast was $20 per person, and mediocre. Most importantly, they did not have the room I booked when we arrived. We were "upgraded" but the room didn't meet our needs. They supplied a fridge. No room service.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2018

My family and I stayed 5 days in June. We reserved a fitness room with two queen beds and a living room with a let out sofa. The rooms had 2 full beds, and we actually checked the mattress after a very uncomfortable night sleep. When we contacted the front desk clerk, she vehemently denied our claim of having 2 full size beds instead queen beds that were advertised. She indicated that the Tryp hotel has NO full beds, period. She abruptly ended the call.

My husband a pond I stripped the bed and the sheets and mattress pads were queen size and they were tucked in because they didn’t fit. But we pulled the mattress pad off and looked at the label on the actual mattress and it was 53 inches wide....full size. We took pictures for proof when we contact their Corporate Headquarters. It appears to be unlawful to bait and switch. Clearly we paid for a room that had queen beds and they were not.

During our 5 day stay, there was always One clerk to handle a fully occupied hotel. The wait for front desk service was minimum 15 minutes. Three times we had to get our keys acitivated. It was so annoying, wait in the line to get new keys on three different times! No apology, just what’s your room number. I could have given them any room number, they didn’t check anything, just handed out the keys.

While the room was a little cute and trendy, the hardwood floors were filthy. Have your shoes right by the side of the bed, or your feet will be dirty as if you were walking in mud.

I am a Platinum member with Wyndham and I am so embarrassed to claim this. Service was horrible, staff was rude and unprofessional and the hotel was small with a no frills type of vibe. A horrible experience to put it mildly. To advertise queen beds and they are actually full size beds is illegal. Room prices are based on several things and definitely includes bed accommodations.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank rkent125
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

I loved this hotel, nice size for NYC. Close se to the subway and Times Square. Quiet hotel with great A/C. Would stay here again. Very modern and clean. The only negative was I booked a ride to the airport from the hotel. The girl was rude and it was expensive, I only did it because we had an early morning flight. Take an Uber or Lyft, or even better take public transportion.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends