The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park
SIXTY SoHo(New York City)
USD 305
USD 262
SixtyHotels.com
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 239
USD 304
USD 264
  • Breakfast included
USD 199
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 279
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
USD 187
USD 147
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Novotel New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 197
Novotel
  • Room Service
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 210
  • Room Service
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
USD 255
  • Restaurant
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 163
USD 110
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 176/night.

1,640 results
All reviewsthe club loungecentral parkstar loungepark viewnew yorkguest relationsfour seasonsroom servicebeautiful hotelconcierge staffbeautiful rooma wonderful stayluxury hotelcolumbus circlebattery parkthe entire staffturn down service
Reviewed 20 October 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Ritz Carlton for 10 nights recently.We enjoyed our time at the hotel.The staff were lovely.It is with great regret that I am posting this review however I feel it necessary.When we arrived home to Australia I needed to raise an issue with the hotel.I will not go into details as I do not want to cause discomfort for those involved.I wrote an email to the hotel regarding my concerns and did not receive a reply.Five emails later and three weeks since we have been home I have not heard back from the hotel.What a disappointment that the hotel will not address my concerns.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Jane255103
Reviewed 19 October 2011

As a former New Yorker, I am very choosy when selecting a hotel in the city. First and foremost, this is honestly a wonderful hotel and I think the Ritz staff here is second to none. While I've visited the hotel before many times (former restaurant that is no longer there, La Prairie Spa, tea in the hotel lobby), I stayed in the hotel for the first time this past weekend.

A disclaimer: I was treated for the weekend (courtesy of my mother in law) and did not pay for the room. I have no idea what our room rate was (nor do I want to know!) and I am sure that if I was paying out of pocket I would stay elsewhere...for example, I think the Ritz Battery Park seems to be a much better deal.

Our room: We had a very decently sized room with a king bed and partial Central Park views (upgrade courtesy of booking through American Express). Allow me to digress...I have complained about the Ritz Rewards system in prior reviews; we are Silver members (staying at least 10 nights a year in Ritz properties) and my in-laws are Gold members. All of our amenities during this stay were provided through Amex and we did not receive anything due to our Ritz Rewards status. Every time we've asked the front desk about this, their response is that it's a new system, they don't know who is what tier at check-in, etc. I have even been told at other properties that having Silver status "means nothing." Regardless, the room was lovely and I have no complaints.

The location: If you want to shop, this is the place to stay. The hotel is a very easy walk from 57th and Fifth (aka Mecca), where you'll find Bergdorf Goodman and the other usual suspects. It's also an easy walk up Madison Avenue (better shopping than on 5th and much fewer tourists). It's also walking distance to the Time Warner building. Obviously, it's across from Central Park, which is a huge plus except for the carriage horses that line up directly across from the hotel (it is my personal belief that the carriage rides should be stopped for animal welfare reasons, so this might not bother others).

The restaurant (BLT): We received complimentary daily breakfast at the hotel, which here is at the adjacent BLT Market. I generally like BLT restaurants, but I am not a huge fan of this one. Breakfast was fine, although I certainly would not eat there if it wasn't free, as there are typical Ritz prices for very average fare (think $40 for a continental breakfast). On the second morning we had one of the rudest servers I've ever had and it took an hour for our food to arrive, although the food services manager did step in to make things right. We also had dinner here one night (to use up daily hotel credit) and it was fine, but again probably would not have gone if we didn't have the $ to use up.

The lobby lounge: I love it in here. We had drinks and appetizers after checking out and had a wonderful hostess. Gorgeous setting, great drinks, decent (not amazing, but it will do the job) food.

The spa: "If you have the means, I highly suggest you [try the La Prairie spa]." Even if you don't book a service, hotel guests have access to the spa facilities, which includes a somewhat mediocre steam room BUT access to all the La Prairie products you could ever desire (face wash, body cream, etc.). Services themselves are quite pricey. I have had a couple of amazing facials here and a couple of very disappointing ones. Like anywhere else, it depends on who your esthetician is. But overall, it's worth it just to experience the facilities.

The staff: Great. I felt very taken care of during our stay, and any issues (poor experience with server at breakfast) were resolved expediently, although (again) I wish they would fix their Ritz Rewards system.

In sum: This is a beautiful hotel in a fantastic area, but you'll pay for the privilege and there are (in my opinion) much better deals at on-par hotels to be found.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2011

The gracious staff at the Ritz-Carlton made my family vacation a dream. They delivered stuffed toys to the room during turn-down, along with milk and cookies. Our direct view of Central Park was fantastic for the kids, and adults, as they looked at birds, horses, buildings, etc, through the telescope provided in the room. The location was such that we walked almost everywhere, but when we needed a lift, the coutesy Lincoln Sedan was available, gratis. I will certainly stay at the Ritz, Central Park, again, even though New York has so many other good choices, this was the best for my family.

Room Tip: Central Park view a must request. Corner room or suite, if available, as well as Ritz Club level floor access.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank GREEKMBA
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel on July 28-July30th 2011. I reserved this hotel with trepidation as it is very expensive and we spend little time actually in the room. Needless to say ,it just did not live up to the hype. The rooms are very nice and and beautiful, however they are small. The big problem i found was the hotel basically tolerates smoking in the rooms. We have allergies and the first night they had to move us to another room because of smoking in the adjacent room. The second room smelled from some horrible perfume that was sprayed to mask the smell of smoke. Low and behold our neighbor in the second room also smoked so basically our stay was miserable.The hotel staff was very nice and accommodating and explained to me that smoking is a big problem and that they fine smokers $500, but most smokers staying there don't mind paying the $500 . If you don't smoke,don't stay there ! I love the Ritz Brand and all it stands for, but for my money I think the Ritz Battery Park is better. Great service means nothing if you cannot breath in a $600 a night room. Seriously either your are non smoking or not ! They did comp one night only because I told the staff that if I were at the Hampton Inn ,They would comp my room because I was not satisfied !

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank dbenamy
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I had Platinum Amex book this hotel for me because we flew to New York to see Andrea Bocelli. Why did I choose the Ritz? Because that is where Andrea Bocelli and his fiancee, Veronica Berti stayed. How did I know this? Because we got to personally meet them at the Ritz, and we wanted to be there for that. We had a beautiful room, but it was $1099 per night - and it is generally $699 per night. It just happened to be fashion week in New York; that with the Bocelli Concert in Central Park kept all the rates in New York around the Park
sky high. But it was worth it to me. Not only did I get to meet my idol, the world's greatest tenor, but the service and room were impeccable (as they should be for that price!) We stayed three nights, and then drove to Connecticut to see friends. One night at a beautiful hotel in Farmington CT equaled the price of the taxes for one night in the hotel in New York City.......

Room Tip: The corner suites are very large and have a great view of Central Park. We had room 1104 which had a partial view of Central Park, but was very quiet and beautiful, and the bathroom was exquisite.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple