“Great Time in a Great City with a Great Guide”

Custom & Private New York Tours Inc
Ranked #24 of 638 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Providing memorable, engaging, fun and informative tour experiences in New York City is our passion. By targeting our guest's interests, preferences and whims by collaborating with them enables us to create perfect tour itineraries. Every tour focuses on our guest's specific desires ensuring that everyone will enjoy experiences on the highest level of satisfaction due to our fastidious attention to detail. An experienced, enthusiastic and informative licensed New York City guide will meet you and yours at the time and place you wish together with a chauffeured luxury vehicle, sized to accommodate your group. You will be captured by an entertaining presentation of "the story" at each site as well as sites along the way in the most entertaining and amusing way. We stimulate conversation and questions providing informative answers within a social and cordial atmosphere. Whether you are planning a first visit with friends and family, an anniversary celebration, a corporate event, a college candidate's orientation or any special occasion, even a marriage proposal, we create the perfect experience delivering outcomes beyond your expectations. Accommodating those with special needs such as walking challenges is never a problem for us navigating to minimizing walking. Our staff of licensed New York City guides speak over fourteen languages enabling us to embrace a global audience and fill the needs of those who prefer tours conducted in their native language. Let's plan your tour built around you topical (architecture, history, famous people, neighborhoods, etc.) interests as well as your site requests. We ensure that your time with Custom & Private will enable you to take home a piece of The Big Apple in your head and heart as well. Thank you!
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We have spent one week in the wonderful City of New York and we were lucky to make a custom and private tour with Cliff.

We can only outline how much fun we had during the four hours. We have seen so much even though we were moving by foot. And Cliff had a story for almost every building, park or neighborhood we visited with him.

The tour was both fun and educating.

If you want to get to know New York from the inside, there is no way around Cliff Strome!

And there is no such thing as a "standard tour" - you can decide where the tour should go and what topics (like architecture, history, ...) you want to hear about.

We have totally enjoyed the time and can only recommend to invest the money in this unique experience!

Best_Private_Guides, Manager at Custom & Private New York Tours Inc, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Michael! It was a pleasure touring with you and Mirja. Your enthusiasm, interest and many questions provided for such an engaging, fun and informative experience. I enjoyed the
tour as much as you both did too! Thank you for your referral and wishing you safe and
pleasant journeys
Cliff Strome

There are newer reviews for Custom & Private New York Tours Inc

Reviewed 3 January 2012

Anybody can visit the "Big Apple" and say they they had a good time, however with Ciff's tour you will have a GREAT time and adventure! Cliif arranged for my whole family, all eight of us, to enjoy the city together. His knowledge of New York is amazing and fun to learn. Words cannot describe our experience alone, if you plan a trip it's not complete unless Cliff is part of it! Dean Berger; Richmond, VA

Best_Private_Guides, Tour Director at Custom & Private New York Tours Inc, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

It's always flattering and satisfying to "hear" feedback such as your. Your comments are most appreciated and as ambassadors to New York we feel that we have earned your trust and from many others confirming that we provide what they wish for. Please spread the word that New York City is truly a favorite global destination that has earned the right to be The Global Destination!
Hope to see you again, Best regards, Cliff Strome

Reviewed 2 January 2012

We were with our four grandchildren, ages 2-10, our kids/spouses, and the two of us. Cliff planned a fantastic tour that was fun for the kids and interesting for the adults. Cliff is a real New Yorker who is extremely knowledgeable and a lot of fun at the same time. We made it to 6 loctions in 4 hours. Be sure to tell CLiff your interests and he'll come back with suggestions for you to make your own choices. Was oe of the highlights of our 3-day stay in NYC.

Many thanks again for your referral. As you know your appreciation and acknowledgment of the fun and enjoyment of your private tour is my biggest paycheck. Hoping that now that you're all home that you are looking back with a piece of New York in your heads and hearts as well. The kids were fun, smart super high energy and enthusiastic. Together, we built this tour for your grandchildren and I am sure that their tour is something that they will never forget. I recall that your six year old grandson telling me, "I love New York even more than Disneyworld Cliff!" All the best, Cliff

Reviewed 16 December 2011

Great time with Cliff - we managed to cover a large amount of ground in a short time, while never feeling rushed, and learning lots of random new facts (especially for someone who has been to the city multiple times). I would highly recommend Cliff again, I always say I'm allergic to tour guides, but he has a unique style and sense of humor that is truly enjoyable.

1  Thank leogrl6787
Reviewed 14 December 2011

My husband & I travelled to NYC with our three children (10,14,15) over Thanksgiving. Our first time to NYC. After reading reviews about Cliff on Trip Advisor, I signed up for a tour. He was AMAZING! We had already been visiting sites for two days prior to our tour and my husband was worried we wouldn't have much left to see. Well...we signed up for 5 hours and stayed on for 6! He was awesome with the kids! The boys wanted to see a famous Basketball court in Harlem...off we went. I wanted to find a gluten free bakery...off we went. He was full of soooo much information, trivia and more. We learned so much from him and had lots of laughs as well. He is a true gem! I could go on & on. I overheard my 10 year old at school rattling off info about the Chrysler Building and I thought...."oh my gosh, she was listening to Cliff" I would definitely recommend him!

stromemiller, Tour Guide at Custom & Private New York Tours Inc, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2011

Best wishes for a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year. Cliff