“Kitchenette in NYC”

The Benjamin
Ranked #100 of 470 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed this luxurious all suites hotel in the heart of Manhattan. Beautiful lobby exudes old world charm, professional and courteous staff, impeccably clean room. Decorated sumptuously with an eclectic mix of traditional furniture updated with modern touches: room felt fresh and new. Kitchenette was beautifully appointed with granite and pretty white colonial cabinetry and french doors. Small fridge has room for your small snacks. Microwave, coffee machine. Elegant white marble bathroom with glass and chrome detailing. Shop for food just a block away and enjoy a few "home cooked meals" during your stay (save a bundle too) Restaurant in house currently run by a celebrity chef of iron chef renown and offers an exciting and inspired table. Work out room. Quiet neighborhood. Plenty of cabs and a great subway just one block north. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the avenue if you want to trade complete quiet for sunlight and views. The one bed...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Dear cjaynyc,

Wow you covered it all for us Thanks!! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at The Benjamin. Thanks for pointing out the high service levels, my team reads trip advisor everyday and they proudly forward me all of the reviews that specify the service they provide.
Mmuch appreciated, hope to host you at The Benjamin again soon.

My best,
Andrew Labetti

Write a ReviewReviews (2,773)

Reviewed 26 March 2012

The wonderful gem of a hotel is my new favorite hotel.
The entire staff made my family feel like home, my eight year old called the hotel our apartment in the city.
The pillow bar was great, pick from a huge variety of pillows!
The bath was luxurious, no detail was overlooked.
They even provided special robes for the kid.
There are tons of great places to eat,including the national attached that has the best breakfast .

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank robcoppock

Dear robcoppock,

Thank you, You are our new Favorite guests!!!! Your kind words will be shared with my entire team. Thank you sincerely with sharing your positive thoughts about The Benjamin Hotel on trip advisor. Hope to see you and your family back at The Benjamin really soon.

My best,

Reviewed 26 March 2012

My Mother and I stayed at the Benjamin this past weekend and all I can say is outstanding. What makes this hotel really special is the amazing service you get from the doormen to the check in staff to Sarah the amazing conceirge. The rooms are all a little different it seems and given the colours (neutral, whites and beiges I can imagine that customers have complained about the stains on the carpets) but really..... its miniscual. We got upgraded to a suite which was lovely. I enjoyed the location, the food and generally a very personable experience in a city where personable doesn't always exist. Hats off to the Benjamin staff, I had a great time. Thank you.

Room Tip: Get a corner room if you can!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Stix 14,

Thank you so much for that great review. It makes me so proud that the service our staff provided is what stuck out the most to you during your stay. Comments such as those mean so much to us as my staff prides itself on making people happy.

Thanks

Reviewed 26 March 2012

Thank you to everyone that took time to write a positive review for the Benjamin Hotel. I have reservations for April 5-9 to meet my son for a long weekend. My son is in the Air Force and I haven't seen hime for over a year. Your comments gave me confidence that I have selected the right hotel for our first visit to "the big apple". I will let you know how it goes!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lezlei Y
The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Dear Lezlei Y

Thank you for trusting The Benjamin to host what I am sure will be a wonderful visit with your son in New York Please feel free reaching out to me directly at the hotel so I may extend any courtesies necessary for a wonderful trip. I hope to get the chance to meet you and thank you both for the sacrifices you and your family make to protect the freedom of the American people.

My very best,

Reviewed 24 March 2012

I have just returned to The Benjamin for a short business trip. I reserved a last-minute deal and the price was extraordinary considering the service. Unfortunately, the reservation was made for the wrong night and upon arrival I was disappointed to learn the hotel was full. Rather than turn me away the hotel staff (Richard and David) refunded me for the incorrect booking I had made and found me a room in the sister hotel the Affinia 50. I was given a huge apartment with 2 bedrooms and 2 balconies at a ridiculously low rate. I then had to extend a further night and The Benjamin staff once again rallied around to find me a perfect room at a great rate. I can honestly say I will never stay anywhere else in New York on any future trip. I am only disappointed they have no sister hotel in Washington DC where I often stay. My thanks go to Richard and David on reception and Chris at the National Bar.

Room Tip: Visit often and you'll get special treatment
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business