3,959 results
All reviews chelsea market meatpacking district bodega negra electric room dream team rooftop club the meat packing district new york trendy hotel fun hotel the high line night life lobby bar guest services amazing hotel view of the empire state building king room
Reviewed 3 April 2018

This was my first time at this property. I try to frequent different areas for different experiences. The hotel itself was “OK” if you don’t plan to spend a lot of time in your room. I stayed in the “Bronze King” and the best part about this room was the SHOWER (amazing temperature, pressure and space for TWO) :-). It is an excellent location as you are minutes away from a lot of cool places. Housekeeping did accidentally take a blouse from the room which I’m guessing because it was white like the sheets. I figured that no one would “know what happened to it” which is a bit disappointing. The staff apologized but didn’t seem interested in assisting any further so my loss! ‍♀️

Shout out to Manny and Fernando who are 2 Bellmen that took great care of me and my partner!! They were very Friendly, Professional, and Resourceful. IF I were return, it would strictly be be because of those two! Keep up the great work fellas!! :-)

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShearLove2
Reviewed 3 April 2018

First time I stayed at this property and it was great. Check in was easy, Service was great, and rooms are clean and well appointed. The vibe is pretty young and it makes the hotel lobby feels alive. Lobby DJ did a nice job of mixing multiple music genres.
My room faced 17th street and was very quiet which is unlike many other hotels I have stayed at in Manhattan.
Chelsea market is right across the street and all of the Meatpacking District's hottest clubs and restaurants are within a 5 minute walk.
The front desk is very helpful in directing you to anything you could possibly need. Mallory made us feel at home and could not have been more helpful. This is a great hotel in a great location and I am looking forward to a return visit this summer when the pool is open.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jane S, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Hi Jon - Thank you so much for your positive review, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. From the neighborhood, to the music, to the staff, it sounds like you got to experience many of our unique offerings. Please do come back this summer, the pool opened on May 7th and its an extremely special place during the summer months.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing pool, great little gym, cool decor, friendly staff. I was worried before I got there that some of the reviews were not particularly favourable, but it was honestly great. Sure there is a little noise on a Friday and Saturday (nightclub on the top floor) but the positives are many.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed our pool, gym, decor and staff! We'd love to host you again soon and please make sure to check out the rest of our offerings: we have 2 phenomenal restaurants on property, Megu and Bodega Negra, as well as Tao which is right down the block. And our pool is super vibrant over the summer months so please come check it out upon your next visit!

All the best,

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Over the years, I've stayed at a number of centrally located hotels in NYC including The Hudson, 6 Columbus, The Westin Times Square, The W, Hotel Wales, The Dominick, The Ritz Carlton Battery Park... Dream Downtown was by far my absolute favorite. I actually had a quiet, restful night's sleep... the neighborhood is fantastic, the decor is beautiful, and the staff were extremely helpful/welcoming. I was able to easily walk to my favorite local restaurants and shops, and just loved being a stone's throw from Chelsea Market. Will definitely be going back.

Room tip: King suite is extraordinary
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you so much! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are very lucky to be nestled in this vibrant, lovely neighborhood. There is so much to explore around the hotel so we hope you come back and enjoy another stay with us soon!

All the best,

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We were in the city to celebrate a special birthday. We reserved a bloc of rooms including the penthouse!
Apathy abounds in this sub par hotel.
I have travelled the world and logged over a million air miles and this was without question, the worst hotel experience I have ever had. I would have been better off sleeping in my car!

Date of stay: March 2018