Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 281
USD 240
CandlewoodSuites
  • Fitness centre
USD 316
USD 291
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
USD 232
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Warwick New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 315
USD 288
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 367/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 230
  • Room Service
Novotel New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 278
USD 249
Novotel
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 289/night.

Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 221
USD 187
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 226/night.

Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 340
USD 156
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 205/night.

Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 412
USD 296
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 364
USD 308
Priceline
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe high lineplatform beddesign hotelrooftop bargallery districtla piscinewest chelseanew yorkbath productswest sideenjoyed my stayhighlinehipzahanycfutonproximity
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We were so excited to stay there since we got to know about this new design hotel in Chealsea NY. and we were so right the place is amazing the staf and service are fantastic, but the best was the cool ambience in the hotel.
We met some other guests and they did agree with us about our great experience, acctually they mention the food which was so tasty and well presented.
We did spend some time at the bar and of course the nicest people was there and the drinks were so fresh and tasty as well.

Americano Hotel is just the best option to stay, meet, drink and dine....

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I travel to NY often for work and I've stayed at a broad swath of hotels across the city. I try to avoid anything mid-town these days and have opted for smaller, quieter hotels with the hope that I find something that offers the unique combination of style and comfort. When I read bout the Hotel Americano, I thought it seemed right up my alley - decent location near the Highline, from what i could tell a nice aesthetic and design. Prices seemed high but NY prices are always rather exorbitant so I assumed it was just par for the course. But please do not fall into the trap that I did by seeing this hotel on design blogs and assuming it's lovely and amazing. It's nothing of the sort - in fact, it's a Saturday Night Live-worth farce of a hotel. I checked out after only one night and wish I had asked for my money back - it easily goes onto my list of top worst hotels I've had to suffer through.

I will say that the overall look and feel of the lobby was actually quite nice. It was a little sparse for my liking but I generally thought it wasn't too shabby. It smelled nice and had a good vibe. Cork stools, etc, are a bit dated but there was a general beauty to the simplicity.

The hotel staff all seemed nice enough, but a bit lost and clueless. I felt like they were hired actors playing the part of hotel staff for the most part and dealing with them was extremely frustrating. You'd ask a question and they'd have mostly blank or slightly panicked stares. I chalked that up to the hotel being somewhat new.

The room itself, however: Wow. You walk in and realize that the joke is most certainly on you. First off, the lights were controlled by a pen stuck into a hole in the wall. If you even barely nudged the pen, the lights and air control would go off. This grew frustrating in just a few hours when the pen would adjust on its own and you'd be left fumbling around in the dark.

There was an inoperative fireplace hanging in the middle of the room, along with a ridiculous bean bag chair that was a glossy plastic that would have done well in art spaces 10 years ago. The sofa was low, too deep to relax in and hard as a rock. The "chair" by the ipad chained to the wall was a stool for a supermodel. The bed was frankly the nicest part of the room and even that required rolling out of the bed to get up given how low it is to the floor. Honestly, this place felt like one of those tacky Euro furniture stores where everything is overdesigned and overpriced and generally low quality.

The bathroom was a complete joke - and as others have noted, it's basically just poorly constructed all around: from the preposterous length of the shower curtain, to the lack of any shelves to put toiletries, to the postage stamp-sized sink and ridiculous shower that basically was installed incorrectly, allowing people to look in but you unable to see out, to the too-short shower head that forced you to basically stand at the very front of the tub to get the full effect of the shower. Industrial design at its absolute worst.

I asked for an ironing board and iron (btw, there is nothing more annoying that not just having one in the room at all times) and 45 mins later it showed up, only to be taken away later that night while I was out having dinner. I called to get one the next morning and it took them another 45 minutes to rustle one up.

The elevator was excruciatingly slow, especially in the evenings when the rooftop bar was in full swing.

And then there's the noise. You hear EVERYTHING, including a ridiculous elevator for the rooftop partygoers that actually runs right up the front of the building. Every time that sucker rose and fell, you heard it rumbling through the room. And because of the "comfy" concrete floors, you heard every echo of the building, every footstep of people outside, every conversation of people in the hallway, every open and close of the door.

In short, this is an example of trying to fool people into believing this is what modernism is - it's sad joke foisted on people who have too much money and no taste. Cheap, non-functional, sparse decor masquerading as high design. And poorly designed rooms that may be nice to look at on websites but ridiculously impractical in person. If this is the quality of Mexico that people have come to expect, I feel sorry for those people.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, ask for a room in the back.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
11  Thank Ryan J
Reviewed 16 March 2012

A former New York in town for business, I was quite excited to check out the new, hip Hotel Americano. The bar scene in the lobby was hopping and breakfast at the restaurant in the morning was delicious. The room itself was ok, location a little far west.

But never in my life have I had such an UNPROFESSIONAL encounter in New York. My second day I had difficulty getting the door unlocked (yes, they have physical keys and not key cards), a door which had to be yanked open to get out of the room since arrival. When I came down to say I was having trouble, I was not escorted back up but told to try again, sometimes you have to force it a little and if I still had trouble, then they would come help me. When I went back up to 'force it a little' the key quite easily broke off in the lock.

This resulted in me be locked out of my room, without access to any of my belongings for nearly 15 hours. The front desk had no idea how to handle the situation. In New York City, where you can get anything at anytime, they insisted there was no one who could help until the engineer arrived at 8am the next morning. For some reason a 24hr locksmith wouldn't do the trick? I was given another room and only after asking was I given contact lense solution (but no case... if I needed a case could I call back to the front desk again?) and a tooth brush. At one point they even asked me if I had tweezers they could borrow to try and get the key out???? No breakfast or coffee offered immediately the next morning. The engineer who was promised to arrive at 8am didn't arrive until after 10am.

At no point was a manager available after repeated demands to speak to one. Eventually, after the engineer broke the door, a locksmith was called.

The only reason any of this was done was thanks to the kind and attentive doorman, Leonardo.

In a City where superior client service is the norm and not the exception, I could not believe that their was not a manager on duty or called in immediately to handle this, nor did the front desk staff seemed to have any sort of training to handle anything more than passing out keys and taking credit cards.

It may be hip in the lobby - but it doesn't matter when you've been wearing and sleeping in the same clothes for 15 hours.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
7  Thank anonymous159238
Will J, Director of Sales at Hotel Americano, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. This is certainly not the sort of feedback we like to see, but it is nevertheless incredibly helpful for us moving forward, so I appreciate it. Since you left, we have implemented a plan to have at least one person from Management here at all times, which is one step out of many we could've taken towards salvaging your trip to NYC. But as a team, we really dropped the ball on this one, and I apologize from everyone here for the distress it seems to have caused you.

If you'd like to speak to me more about it, you can contact me directly at wjordan@hotel-americano.com or by calling the hotel and asking for me. I am, at the very least, glad you enjoyed Leonardo and the restaurant and bar.

Will Jordan
Director of Sales

Reviewed 2 March 2012

What can I say? We really enjoyed ourselves at the Americano. The staff couldn't be more helpful, the hotel is slick, modernist, boutique, calm, cool and classy. True, the bedrooms aren't huge, and the layout is not for pensioners, if you get what I mean (but since I'm not so far off being one myself, I should say that a vaguely hip pensioner will be fine). We like the high ceilings, the dark tones, the eggs benedict for breakfast and the busy bar. You feel very much in NYC, which is just what you're after, and you're only a step away from the High Line. We'll be back...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wnybrad
Will J, Director of Sales at Hotel Americano, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Thanks for the review! It's great to know you had a nice time here - we hope to have you back again soon. If you ever want to experiment with other bedding options, we do have a few ADA compliant rooms where the wooden platforms are only as wide as the mattress. It makes getting in and out of bed a bit easier, so please don't hesitate to request one on your next trip.

Take care until then,

Will Jordan
Director of Sales

Reviewed 14 February 2012

We have stayed in several of the Habita Group's boutique hotels in Mexico and have found them all to be of the highest quality and design. The service is always professional. So imagine our pleasure to find one of the Habita Group's newest hotels in NYC, The Americano. Our expectations were high as we'd experienced their others and we were not disappointed. The design is comfortably contemporary, the rooms surprisingly spacious for a Manhattan hotel and the bath items high quality. One caveat for those who are not supple and limber of body any longer: the beds are on a platform so you have further to pull yourself up than from a regular bed. The bar scene is lively at night but we never heard a sound in our room. The location is excellent for those who come to New York to gallery hop as it's right in the heart of Chelsea.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple