“World's best vegan cheeseburger and bakery”
Review of Peacefood Cafe

Peacefood Cafe
Ranked #256 of 15,765 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I visited Peacefood Cafe solo in late July 2018. The vegan cheeseburger was a masterpiece. The patty was soy and wheat based, the cheese daiya,caramelized onions, sliced jalapenos, sprouts, pickles, etc. on fresh focaccia bread. I sliced mine in half to eat with my hands, then sliced the remainder in half again. I actually ate the last quarter with my fork, and even room temp and deconstructed, each component was freshly delicious. The gal sitting next to me shared a piece of her vegan sushi. Tasty and wrapped in strips of freshly sliced avacado. Next morning I walked in to pick up baked goods, a perfect generously sized cinnamon bun and two scones with lemon icing, I think they were also flavored with lavender or some other flower. One reason I didn't want to leave Manhattan, Peacefood Cafe. Yum.

1  Thank Rhea M

Reviewed 27 July 2018

- the choice of vegan food is amazing as it`s very big and you can find great lunch options (salad, quiche, soup and more) but also sweet stuff like scones, cookies, cakes and more.
- bring cash with you as we were not able to pay with card as the machine was broken!
- the quiche was really quite disappointing as I expected something else and when I asked for some kind of sauce (even just tomato sauce) as it was very dry I was told i would have to pay extra if I wanted to use the tomato sauce... (which came across as a bit weird ...)
- the kale salad was very nice and I would order and recommend that one!
- good place to stay a while and read or even come with kids as there are books around.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

The food was great! Everything we ordered was perfectly fresh. Service was attentive. It’s a popular place so there was a wait, but not for long.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

The food is fantastic - tasty, creative, presented in an artistic manner. However, it is quite noisy, and the service was very slow. It was worth it, though! Absolutely delicious and interesting. Unique. A blissful menu for Vegans who love food as art. Come at off hours, as it is a popular place that gets full fast...and it will be less noisy in between. Order anything on the menu. The sampler appetizer is superb. I recommend starting with that.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

It was a holiday and I called for a last minute reservation for a large group and luckily got in. One person in our group has severe allergies including dairy and nut. We were happy there were so many options and they even provided a list of ingredients for some desserts ensuring no not flour or nut cheeses were used. Service was fast and they were attentive throughout the night. The veggie pot pie is delish! Everything we ordered we were pleased with except maybe one of the grain bowls that was a bit bland. We had so much fun, we didn't realize the restaurant had closed and the staff was nice enough to let us continue with dining and talking as they cleaned up. Hope to visit again real soon!