American Museum of Natural History

from USD 79.00
from USD 69.00
from USD 69.00
23,407 results
All reviews blue whale dark universe hayden planetarium dinosaur bones t rex suggested price great exhibits general admission rainy day suggested donation new york on display central park animals dioramas amnh minerals
Reviewed 6 April 2018

2nd visit for us, went back for the Universe show, still amazing theatre and information. Also went to the 3D show on butterflies and how it helped the theory on evolution, great visual effects. Can highly recommend the museum, specially if you have younger children, loads of interaction exhibits and visual effects.

Date of experience: March 2018
3  Thank Steve S
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This had previously been a favorite of my kids. This year, they felt like they had outgrown it (but for the butterfly exhibit which we all still liked). This is better for younger kids.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 5 April 2018

This is a world class museum.....seeing the blue whale is mind boggling and I waited to last to gaze at the T-Rex!!!! The dioramas are spectacular, even if I don't like to see stuffed animals. Kids will LOVE this museum. The first time I went I pulled three middle school girls along with me..."Do we have to see another museum?" But afterwards it was hard to pull them away.

Definite must when in NYC.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I was so impressed with this museum, it was so big you would need a whole day booked out to see everything but the dinosaurs and Ancient Egypt exhibitions were excellent. We went to see the space show and that was the best I had ever seen!

The only downer is the extra money you have to pay for some of the exhibitions but it didn't put me off.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 5 April 2018

This was a must-do on our trip to New York, our daughter having loved the film "Night at the Museum" when younger, and it didn't disappoint. The dioramas may be old, but they are still an excellent way to view the specimens. I guarantee you will really enjoy that first view of the Africa hall, and the blue whale, especially! The dinosaurs are well worth making the trip up to the top floor for, with some simply superb specimens and unique exhibits to see, as well as ancient birds and early mammals. Allow at least 3-4 hours... The food court in the basement wasn't bad at all for such places, with a reasonable range, not too expensive and the food tasted fine too! The shop is enormous, be warned, especially if with younger children... I think there are ways of getting in for free, or reduced cost at least, but the queues were very long so we just opted for paying full price and going to the ticket machines, saving quite a bit of time. It was still good value anyway, as there is so much to see!

Date of experience: March 2018