“Expensive but fun experience. ”

Madame Tussauds New York
Madame Tussauds New York
Ranked #223 of 1,195 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Get your selfie sticks ready, because New York City's Madame Tussauds in Times Square is the only place with no ropes or barriers holding you back from getting photos with your favorite stars! Voted as one of New York’s most unique attractions, Madame Tussauds invites you to pose “In a moment in time” with your famous fun figures of internationally renowned musicians, A-list stars, sports legends, world leaders and more. With over 85,000 square feet of interactive entertainment and several newly renovated spaces, including our new Ghostbusters VR, Project Runway and Kong: Skull Island experience, the world famous wax attraction is bigger and better than ever! Who is your favorite icon? We want to know who inspires you! Share with us at @NYCWAX and hashtag #FamousFun #NYCWAX
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

On a Thursday afternoon we went for the MT experience. Seen in many cities though never visited. The full experience takes a bit more than an hour and is quite costly. The stars are grouped in themes and pretty accessible for pictures. During the tour the museum tries to make professional pictures which can be bought afterwards. Some stars have been done pretty well, others are far away from the reality. Done it, but will not return.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,245)
All reviews
in 123 reviews
"exhibits"
in 269 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Recently visited the museum in Manhattan. It is very close to the Time Square. The museum has three floors. Signs were not clear for the tourists. We wasted a few minutes while trying to find from where we should start. Some of the statues were pretty nice including the Obamas. However, some are way off! We saw a few of the Bollywood stars' wax figures. All of those were pretty poor.

There was a 4D show and it was poor quality.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I love visiting Madame Tussaud when relatives are in for the holidays. As I a New Yorker born and raised I also become a tourist and enjoy what the city has to offer. We had a blast. How you will as well in your visit.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We went as my friend suggested and I am glad she did and we went. It was wild how real these wax figures look life like. I kept waiting for their eyes to blink, that's how real they looked. Got my picture taken with my favorite president of all time - Ronald Reagan. I got to touch Queen Elizabeth's arm and took a picture with her and Prince William and Kate. also Princess Di - my idol. It is a great place to visit.