Gray Line New York Sightseeing

from USD 59.00
from USD 25.00
from USD 29.00
6,390 results
All reviews night tour allan france manhattan experience statue of liberty tour guides are your bearings manhattan bridge top of the rock big apple wall street rockefeller center ellis island uptown nyc overview bronx neighborhoods
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

This is a tour company that has people on the corners begging you to purchase tickets. Yet no good customer service. Very disappointing. Worst is that if you get off, you wait a long time for the next bus, if it even comes back by. We took uptown tour to Metropolitan Musem of Art. We walked down to Central Park Zoo to catch the next bus, but after the wait was well over 30 minutes we called and were told traffic was bad and it would be awhile. Other tour buses from Big Bus and Top View came by not once, but multiple times and just laughed that so many people were still waiting. No welcome at beginning of the tour and the narration was not explained. Some drivers talk the whole time. Some are difficult to understand due to language barriers. There is a narration on channel 2 that we figured out ourselves. We bought tickets on line but had to wait in line at least 30 minutes to redeem them. We will know better the next time. If you get off, be prepared to walk or Uber back to your hotel.

Julia K, Public Relations Manager at Gray Line New York Sightseeing, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

thank you for your feedback. sorry for your inconvenience, we will look into the matter

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

The NYC subway or cabs or Uber or your two feet will take you all over the city. The bus is the last thing you should endure. The tour guides are rude and should watch their language as children are also on the bus. It’s very slow, we could walk just as fast anywhere. It took an hour to get from Times Square to financial district.

thank you for your feedback, we will look into this matter

Reviewed 5 days ago

I did the downtown, uptown, Brooklyn and night tour and it was fantastic. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience. The tour allowed me to see all the major sights, which was important for me as I only had a short stay. The tour was a very affordable price especially as I could use it over 3 days and it included different tour routes and a ferry ride. Jackie Edwards was my tour guide from the downtown tour and she was absolutely amazing! As it was my first time to the city, I had difficulty navigating maps and she personally took me from the downtown stop to the 1st stop of the uptown tour and made sure that I got the bus by holding it up whilst I caught up to it! Fantastic experience and would definitely recommend.

thank you for your feedback. glad you enjoyed your tour. we will inform our guide of her great job. please come again

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

We spent about an hour waiting on line at times square to get on the bus. The company’s personnel instead of giving a nice treatment and being patient were very rude to us. The ride wasn’t great either, they have a tour guide shouting on the top part of the bus which becomes annoying if you try to listen to the guidance recorded in another language. The only one being polite was a sir called Alpha.

thank you for your feedback. we will look into the matter

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We had a great time on the tour, Gretchen our tour guide was very informational and a hoot. We did all the loops which is the best way to see the city. Definitely do the night lights tour but remember if you get off in Brooklyn during the evening tour be prepared to walk back. If you have the time do the 48 hour tour, this also includes the hop on hop off ferry boat tour.

thank you for your feedback. glad to hear you enjoyed your tour. we will inform the guide of the good job she did. please come again

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I am a veteran of Gray Line tours in New York and San Francisco. I have done all the Manhattan tours 3 times in the last 5 years. They were the best of tours, they were the worst of tours. It ALL comes down to the tour guide. First the positive. We did the Brooklyn tour for the first time last month. The guide, Tom, was better than words could describe. An NYC cabbie for decades, he had insider stories and Information that is the reason you choose to take these tours. At the end of the tour, he received a great round of applause which is the first time I’ve heard this type of appreciation on a Gray Line tour. The worst was a guide the previous day who was so bad and who actually fell asleep at a red light. We were spared further misery when the bus broke down! We also took a night tour which was a waste because there was no guide and the recorded tour information was was so badly synchronized with the location of the bus, that I wished I’d never have turned it on.

It is clear that Gray Line invests heavily in marketing these tours but has absolutely no quality control over the guides it employs that range from superb to incompetent or absent entirely.

My recommendation would be to first confirm that there’s a live guide on the tour- not a recording, and then ask what makes them a good guide for the tour. If they can’t give you some very compelling reasons, then get off and wait for the next bus because your vacation time and money are too valuable to waste on some of the mediocre guides Gray Line employs.

thank you for your feedback. sorry for your inconvenience. we will look into the matter