“Fantastic pizza, great balance in flavours”
Review of Rubirosa

Rubirosa
Ranked #48 of 15,928 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: USD 16 - USD 30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown Manhattan (Downtown)
Cross street: Prince Street and Spring Street
Transit: BDFV to Broadway/Lafayette 6 to Spring Street
Description: 235 Mulberry street New York NY 10012
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We was a party of five sharing three pizzas for lunch. First of all, we were lucky to get a table in the rush of people going there. We actually wanted to try Prince street pizza, but luckily they were more than busy. The flavours in the three pizzas were fantastic. The most simple classic one with tomato sauce, cheese and spices is just melting in your mouth. Can really be highly recommended.

Date of visit: July 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,125)

Reviewed 3 July 2018

You really need to reserve here well in advance of your visit to NYC. We left it until the week before traveling and could only get a lunch reservation. Traditional Italian food with mouth watering pizza. Would highly recommend the calamari! The smaller size pizza is more than enough for two people,

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 1 July 2018

I have been looking forward to this reservation for a month based on the reviews. It was a huge disappointment.

We arrived 12 minutes early. The hostess acknowledged we were early and asked us to wait outside. There were three empty bar stools at the bar so I tried to order a couple of drinks. The bar tender asked if we were seated at a table. I informed him we were waiting for our reservation. He crossed his arms and said I can't serve you unless you are seated. He asked me to go outside and turned his back. A bus boy or waiter snapped at my wife, "move!" We went out side.

There were three trash bags with a horrible stench next to the bench out side. It was very hot.

I checked in with the hostess after 15 minutes only to be scolded that I needed to go back outside until they told me I could come in.

The same young lady eventually came to get us and led us to the very back next to the kitchen. There was no A/C. My wife, who requires a sweater under 75 degrees, had sweat dripping down her face.

Being fair, the server was polite. He had frosted hair on top and was attentive.

The meatballs were salty as was the pizza. The pizza crust was good. The atmosphere, at least 85 degrees, combined with the arrogant bar tender and hostess negated the good crust. We left drenched in perspiration.

We will never return and I will never recommend Rubirosa to anyone I know.

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank SilverJay88
Reviewed 30 June 2018

We stumbled upon Rubirosa on a weekeday afternoon, so there was no wait. We just walked right in, sat down and had lunch. Evenings and weekends are a different story as this place is often packed and there is a wait. I like it for the gluten free options, but they have a great wine selection, full bar, and the ambience is pretty great, too!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Definitely try the rice balls! Squid ink seafood pasta, rigatoni, cavatelli, and blue crab pasta were all delicious.

Date of visit: June 2018