“A taste of Istanbul on the upper west-side!”

Seven Hills Mediterranean Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Seven Hills Mediterranean Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,456 of 15,766 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: USD 15 - USD 35
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Transit: 1, 2 & 3 trains to 72nd Street.
Description: Here at Seven hills Mediterranean Turkish Grill we use the freshest ingredients. We do not use processed or frozen food. Everything here is made fresh from our kebabs to our Pides. We offer delicious homemade specialties at affordable prices.
Reviewed 23 February 2017

What I love about dining out in Manhattan is to combine my waist-line with my appetite for culture whenever possible, or more specifically, a combination of a lovely meal with a live-show. and that is exactly what I had in mind recently at Seven's Turkish Restaurant on 72nd Street, between Amsterdam and Columbus Avenues. The Triad theatre-venue is right above and 'Spamilton, An American Parody", is playing to packed houses - a perfect double-whammy, in the best way possible, and a review to come!

Appropriately named 'Seven" - maybe taking its name from the "seven wonders of the world", I guarantee you will not be disappointed by the name, service, or menu.

My personal recommendations were the Yogurt Soup (Yayla), Falafel appetizer and a Shish or Doner Lamb Kebab. Combination Kebabs were also on the menu. Ending with a Yogurt Shake or a Turkish coffee.

Just close your eyes and imagine being transported to Istanbul. The staff are welcoming and the chef has a great menu in store and , relatively inexpensive to boot.

Ask for Bahar or Tony, they are superb ambassadors for Seven's.

###

Reviewed 26 January 2017

We came in for Sunday brunch, a party of six including two frail seniors in their 90’s with canes. We headed for a table with 8 chairs and were shooed away to a 6-seater wedged into a corner. The table was as small as could be. The server told us that the 8-seater was allowed only for larger parties. Fair enough, and we managed to jam ourselves around our assigned table. They did not extend any courtesy to assist our elderly, which would have very difficult--the table was hemmed in on three sides by a railing, a wall, and another table. It was barely possible to move out the chairs, let alone have enough room for an employee to give us assistance. About 10 minutes later, however, another party of 6 arrived (no canes), and they were readily given the same table for 8 denied to us--their coats and bags placed on the 2 extra seats.

Service was not their strong point. The employees seemed bored and unhappy. There didn’t appear to be a manager present. We ordered coffee to drink while waiting for our starters. It took over 10 minutes before five cups of coffee appeared, and before we could take a first sip, the starters were immediately put on the table. Among the brunch items we ordered was Scramble Pepperoni, which was decent but not recognizable as Turkish food (it was ordered by one of us who had been to Turkey). The Iskembe (marinated tripe) soup certainly was, however--unique, absolutely delicious, slightly spicy, with a touch of lemon juice. I look forward to going back for this again. The Kofte Kebab was grilled fresh and juicy, a real delight. The Mediterranean Salad came with feta cheese, which unfortunately had been shredded and then apparently kept in a salt brine. This feta was so salty it was inedible; the rest of the salad was good. Feta cheese ought to come in chunks, and it might be a good idea to rinse off the brine. The falafel was absolutely delicious, some of the best you’ll find anywhere. The total check including tax was $100.98.

By the end of the meal our bottoms were all sweaty, from sitting in chairs that had been fitted with clear plastic seat covers. Bring your own chair pad, or just order takeout!

Reviewed 18 January 2017

I went with a local friend who frequents this restaurant. I was quite pleased with the dish I had. It was a kind of Turkish ravioli. It was in a tomato yogurt sauce and very ample. They serve a warm kind of sesame bread and olive oil to start that was also very good. The price was right and the service very good. A warm neighborhood restaurant.

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Everything we ate was delicious! The lamb kebab was succulent and perfectly cooked. They only use New Zealand and Australian lamb and you can taste the difference. The stuffed cabbage with tomato sauce and yogurt tasted homemade -- so flavorful. The salad was fresh, crisp and plentiful. The feta was different than what you normally get -- more subtle and better. The rice was flavored with broth. The baklava was home made and oh so good. The Turkish coffee is good and my Turkish apple tea was a delightful surprise. We have tried other Turkish restaurants in the city and this is the best. P.S. We saw Turkish people eating here -- always a good sign!

Reviewed 31 December 2016

I had just returned from Istanbul when I came upon this restaurant. The chicken kabob was delicious. I reminded me of Istanbul